Saturday, June 19, 2010

Excellent day

Dear Family and Friends,
What fun the Sabbath is!  Ken and I took our usual walk this morning but found brisk winds and chilly air.

I picked up Keanna who was dressed for Sabbath School and we had a great conversation while we drove to Tracy then after Sabbath School I allowed her to check out a yard sale where she made a purchase that she enjoyed, lots of finger nail polish, trinkets and a little dog.  The we met Nikki and Kallie at Olive Garden and using the kind gift Jason and Jo shared last week we had lunch.

After lunch we parted company and I drove to Lodi, found Carol's room and surprised her with a little plant and flower.  After a nice conversation in which it became clear that Carol is already on the mend I drove home, took a quick round at the club and then Sylvia called.  She had some free time so came out and we sat on the back deck in the wind with blankets and chatted for a bit.  Then some nearby weeds that were growing in the pot with the Camilia's drove her to action and she went and pulled out the mullet that the birds had planted.  We tweaked plants and moved things about a bit and finally went inside.  Sylvia headed home and I found the house so cold I built a fire and watched Sherlock Holmes while sipping a mocha.

Now its bedtime and the rest of the Sherlock Holmes is going on the DVR.

Its been a great day and I enjoyed seeing my kidos, Nikki, my friends at Sabbath School, Carol and then Sylvia.  Friends are the true riches of our adult lives so I had a rich day for sure.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment