Friday, June 25, 2010

Wrapping up another week

Good evening
10:30 and I'm just in from having dinner with the girls at Olive Garden in Tracy.  No I never tire of eating there, the food is fresh, tasty, reasonable and the service is prompt, the servers friendly.  Nikki is extra tired after not only going to work every morning at 6:25 but also being at the church until 9 each evening.  The week has taken its toll on her and tonight she is exhausted.  Keanna was excited since she has a neighbor girl staying with her for a couple days while her parents are away.  Kallie was in good spirits until her mother dared to insist that she eat a piece of chicken before having more bread or the mint.  Kallie did not like that at all and let us know briefly before moving on to the next thing.

Today has been interesting for me work wise.  Remember how I was deeply concerned about the lack of work as I started the week.  I pleaded with God regarding some orders and He has seen fit to send several.  This morning I rose at 6 and began work finishing the first report by 9 when I was set to leave for an Oakland appraisal.  Just one problem arose though, I did not have the address of the property.  Elizabeth had called to ask if I could be there at 10 and promised to email the address.  She was distracted and did not do it.  I tried last night and many times this morning to reach her.  Finally at 10:10 I reached someone in her office, they gave me the address, I quickly researched it and left arriving at 11:45.  Once that assignment was over, the cash collected and the comps shot I moved on to Antioch where I made a quick stop at Taco Bell for lunch.  Then it was on to Brentwood to complete an appraisal started yesterday and then on to Discovery Bay to measure a huge home.  By that time it was warm and the house seemed to resist my efforts to measure it.  Finally an hour later I was finally completed with the inspection, shot the comps and headed home.  Upon arriving at home I attempted to nap after viewing the emails for the day but changed my mind and went out to mow and edge the lawn.  I love this new edger Jason is letting me use of his.  What a great tool.  Once the lawn was mowed I then turned to some bushes that were growing out of control and clipped them back to a decent shape and size.  By then it was time to leave for Tracy and the Olive Garden.

At this point I am pretty busy with work which is a whole different experience from last Friday.  I am thankful, words do not seem to convey the full impact of how I feel.  At this point in my life when the work dries up then I see everything crumbling, the house, the ability to pay my bills, it all comes quickly into question and once work has arrived it seems those fears slip back into the darkness for the time being.  Most appraisers are having a rough time right now.  Many have quit or retired, in fact we have lost many of the best and brightest over the government controls over the appraisal process.  Believe me, its a mess and this is one area that the government is totally wrong on.  Their solution has hurt buyers, agents, appraisers and has helped no one other than these new management companies that literally do nothing vital but take a huge piece of the pie out of our way of life.  Yet in spite of that some work has slipped through the cracks and into my hands, for that I praise God.

Tomorrow I hope to be able to spend some time with Carrol who is adjusting to her new life in the rehab hospital.  She is pleased with the food, is sleeping and is already on her feet briefly per a message from Bob.

We have a lot to be thankful for and yes a great many things we long for as well.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment