Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's day

Yes it happened once again, a day to reflect on the value of fathers, the memory of fathers, the challenge facing today's fathers.
I spent it quietly here working.  I took the dogs to the park and they loved the cool morning.  Then I made a late breakfast, scrambled eggs with olives, some vege burger, OK but not great.  The toast was actually better!  Then to work writing reports.
At around 3 I remembered lunch and microwaved veges with cheese sause, along with a potato patty and sliced tomato.  Very filling and tasty, both meals eaten on the back deck, need to let the beautiful lake refresh the emotions and lift the somber mood I was in.  The mood descended when I realized that I was working on the very last orders I had.  You know the old, what is to become of me line of thinking.  Fortunately Dolly had sent me a really positive book by Joel Olsteen and reading a bit of that reversed the negative thinking.  I've really got to believe that something very good is about to break for the little company.

Late this afternoon as I was working on yet another report I discovered when doing the sketch that the home was much larger than what was reported in public record, also much larger than any of the comparables I had selected and photographed so at 6 this evening I set out for Pinole, about an hours drive, shot the photos and drove back with a short stop at a Taco Bell.  I was listening to an interesting book so the trip went quickly.  Now I can get the  report out in the morning and perhaps impress the lender with this speedy turnaround, perhaps, will they even notice?  One can hope.

On the way home I intended to stop at Winco but forgot until I reached our local Safeway so I spent the extra money and did my shopping there.  Now I'm sort of set for a few days with grapes, strawberries, tomatoes, salad, juice and string cheese.
In the morning it is my opportunity to be with the kidos so at 6:30 I'll be there waiting for their first waking sounds, then breakfast and then deliver them to their destinations for the day.  I just love to observe them when they first wake up, they stretch and search for their first smile of the day.

On my way home Jason called to report on the day.  He and family had been at Pebble Beach for the day, had seen all the golf greats battle it out for the win.  He said they had been trying to reach their car for over 3 hours and then had the drive home.  Seems there are lots of people there to enjoy the day.  Timothy talked to me and wished me a Happy Fathers day, earlier the girls had done the same as they drove somewhere. Hearing from the little ones is sure nice, like hearing little angels speak.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment