Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mellow day

Good evening
Some days seem to be light fireworks, something shooting up, something loud happening and then others just quietly move along like a great conveyor belt, today is the belt.  Ken was tied up in work this morning so I walked alone, that is a different mind set than in the past but walking has become a friend, something to be welcomed and this morning I even tried a few jogging minutes and survived that too.  It was a splendid morning, cold, chilly, windy and it felt like the beach, very nice.
After a nice long shower breakfast slipped by, the meds went in and I commuted to the office, about 20 steps away, there was no traffic and all systems were go.
While I was doing research for the morning appointment in Hayward a new order came in by fax, always a welcome event, new orders I went ahead and worked that one up as well.
Before letting the day slip away I left for Hayward where a lockbox gave me access.  For this one I just put in a 4 number code, the door opened and there was a single key.  The home had been mostly updated, had a corner setting and yielded to my inspection without a whimper.  After a few minutes of driving passed I had all the comparables shot and headed back to the office.
Arriving back around 1 pm I napped and then began the tedious process of writing a report that was due tomorrow at 3 pm.  I was completed by 4 pm today and having submitted that one the front yard beckoned to me, it was like a field of hay.  First I fought the edger into life and edged the boundaries, then I started the mower only to discover the top of the grass catcher had given way.  What to do, freshly clipped grass was blowing right into my face.  Lois had come to supervise and was sitting on a chair in the driveway, she suggested duct tape and I laughed it off at first, having no other better idea I found the roll of duct tape and started applying the tape.  I had no hope that it would hold the top on the bag but when I started the mower it did hold and it is still holding now.  I was able to render the lawn back to a more respectable height.  What a difference a few minutes makes.
She also helped me back the motorhome in to the driveway so I could dump the tanks using a cleanout I had installed when the house was built years ago.  By having her help I did not run into the house as I was backing up.
Later in the afternoon after the work was completed we went to Subway where she treated me to a vege sandwich on wheat bread.  During the day I've done loads of wash but oh the dryer, it still needs major help.  It squeaks and groans all the while drying the clothes very quickly.  Perhaps after I open it up once more and look closer I can find out why it sounds so bad, I have noticed that new dryers sure look good in the stores now but who can afford that?

So this mellow day draws to a close, the weather has been cool and friendly, the food I've had today has been great what is not to like about this life.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment