Monday, June 28, 2010

Starr goes to the doctor

Good evening
This afternoon after seeing Starr stumble when she rose from her little bed and then refuse a treat I decided that a long put off trip to see the vet was in order.  At 2:20 we arrived and were ushered into a little room. Shortly later the doctor came in and looked her over, then the fun began.  Starr needed her nails clipped and her glands expressed, whoopee, I'll pay for that one for sure.  But of course the doctor came up with a long list of possible things to be done which I'm sure will be in the hundreds of dollars, blood work, sedation, do this, do that, well I got out today for just $88 and I felt like running.  They were kind but they sure have it wired.  Yes they could supply a special dog food that would help her lose weight, yes it is by prescription only for $60 a bag, such a deal, yes I could wash her ears out with their special doggies ear wash at just $29 a bottle, yes I could start her on pain meds since she is old and that would be just $60 for each month and on it went.
Starr probably expressed it best, the second we got outside on the sidewalk she took a dump and seemed very pleased with herself!  Oh the joys of caring for a much loved pet.  Yes I should give her a bath once a month, never have before but its time to learn how.  Well that trip ate up a huge chunk of the afternoon and on the way a phone call really made my day.  Seems Citibank dumped me from their approved list in 2003 but didn't bother to tell anyone.  So loans that are now going there through another loan company are suddenly getting hit with a huge review fee on every deal.  So tomorrow I go back in time and try to fix whatever was wrong back in 2003.  I don't even have files that old.  I only  am required to keep them 5 years and then they can be dumped.  Oh the joys of being in business and trying to stay in business.
This morning after the walk I took a few minutes to do some work I enjoy, that is work with tools and my hands.  I'm replacing the medicine cabinet in the motorhome, the one it came with has totally given up the ghost.  Well the new one I purchased is a bit larger than the old one so I spent a few minutes this morning cutting a larger hole in the motorhome, feels sort of strange to be doing that and you sure hope you are right as you cut away.
At 5:20 I went to Weight Watchers and discovered that in spite of my evil ways I had only gained .6 of a pound for the past two weeks.  The talk was excellent and I walked out so motivated that I drove directly to the club and did a full workout.  I was delighted to see Nikki there between her classes.  Afterwards in spite of being hungry I ventured into ACE and picked up some little pieces I need to complete the medicine cabinet installation.  Then I made a stop at FoodMax, got some great buys and finally got home about 8:30 or so.
This has been a very hot day here, about 100 or so and its still warm this evening.  I hope a cooling trend hits soon as the electricity bill will be huge.  I'm having the house cleaned this Wednesday which will be a nice uplift. Tonya does a great job.
So good night to all,
love

tim

2 comments:

  1. Tim,
    Try PetSmart groomers. They clip nails and clean ears for under $20. Most groomers express anal glands too and it's way less than a vet charges.
    Sandy from Tracy SDA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim,
    Try PetSmart as they clean ears and clip nails both for under $20. Most groomers express anal glands too and it is so much less than a vet.
    Sandy from Tracy SDA

    ReplyDelete