Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sometimes I just wonder.........

Dear Friends and Family,

It was just a simple act, having too many things in my hands I reached out the window and put the packet of Niaspan meds on the roof of the van so I could get out.  Once out I walked into the house and left them there accidentally.  Later in the day I made a snap decision to rush to spin class and using the van I drove away with the package still on the roof.  Today as I retraced my path the meds were gone, do you have any idea of how silly that makes me feel, blowing off needed meds.  Now I know you've never done anything like that before, just me.

This morning I rolled out and hit the path for the 3 miles marathon.  Then I had breakfast, showered and went to work.  Nikki emailed to ask if I would like to do lunch at Olive Garden and of course that sounded great.  So during the morning I did a desk review of someones appraisal, shipped that out and then drove to Tracy with the girls.  We had a nice lunch and then it was back to work again.  The afternoon grew warm so I started the little AC that sits in the window of my office and the dogs and I stayed here for the afternoon not wanting to be in the other section of the house where the temp was 80 degrees.

I managed to finish another really challenging appraisal, this one ended up having 8 comparables to try to make sense out of this crazy market.  For the last several days I've been on a constant hunt for something to eat, Steve and Nikki gave me several beautiful tomatoes that were left over from the party and I've been eating them in every manner I can find.  They are wonderful and one slice covers an entire slice of thin bread.

I was on the receiving end of a very kind gesture today.  Dr. Jim set aside some samples of the new medicine that controls blood sugar levels and appetite as well but his office is in Antioch and I knew I needed to get work done today.  Lois was going to  Kaiser appointment which was near my doctors office so I called this morning rather early to ask if she could help.  Turns out she could not sleep much during the night and was still very much asleep when I called, not a good thing to do to a nice neighbor!  She consented to picking up the meds and did so this afternoon.  What a help that was and tomorrow morning I'll get back on my meds again and see if we can get the appetite controlled again, just in time for the church campout.  At some point tomorrow I'll leave for camp McSwain in the motorhome.  I'm going to pick up the trailer in the morning to ferry the paddle boat behind the motorhome.

Knowing ahead of time that there is no WiFi anywhere near the camping site I am driving to I need to let you the faithful ready know that I won't be writing again until Sunday evening.  So no Friday or Sabbath editions.

So I wish you all a good weekend and my prayer is always that you will care for the things that mean the most to you with your best actions, words and gestures.  Love the one you are with with gusto.

Love

tim

1 comment:

  1. ha ha, we've all done stuff like that! hope you had a great time at the campout.

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete