Monday, June 21, 2010

From the depths

Dear Family and Friends,
This morning was tough to cope with, thank goodness for the kidos who were happy, filled with joy and ready for the day when they woke up.   That was a lift.  Once I came back home after delivering Keanna at 9 I just felt defeat.  I had no new work to schedule, my two main clients who have been there are both gone now, one has moved to ordering cheap BPOs from brokers instead of full appraisals and the other has decided that they have enough appraisers without me.  It really was a hard time and I kept going and reading yet another page from the Joel Olsteen book which is all about moving forward in faith and seizing the next opportunity.  So even though I did not feel optimistic at all I went through the motions, I searched for new places to get orders, I followed up on any and all leads and I just trusted that God would be there opening doors.  At 2 I picked up Keanna from camp and she was full of commentary on camp, singing songs and begging for popcorn.  I got her all set up with popcorn, some good programs I had DVRed that were age appropriate for her and then came back to work, within 5 minutes two orders came in over the phone.  Neither were from usual sources, both were from local people who had special appraisal needs and both promised to pay COD.  What a lift to have 2 new orders to begin to set up, research and plan for.
As of now I've already seen one of the properties and I'll see the other one tomorrow and I was quietly amazed at how God just pulled these out of the air and handed them to me.
I'm not sure how many of you have faced the same situation that I face.  Instead of dozens of orders pouring in like in the good old days now they trickle in one at a time and to get two in 5 minutes, well that did tend to get ones attention.
Tonight Nikki drove to Tracy to help with VBS.  That makes a very long day for her and Keanna since she has to be on the road at 6:30 in the morning.  It is a real commitment and I know the kidos appreciate having her help.
So now its time to wind it down for yet another day.  Can I say I am just humble this evening, amazed and ready for the next shoe to drop, well more like the next care package to float in.

Love to all,

Tim

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I vote for the next care package to float in!!! Hang in there. Life is all peaks and valleys designed to make the peaks that much more wonderful!
    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete