Sunday, June 27, 2010

Its getting hot

Good evening,
PG&E must be smiling this evening, the weather has turned really hot, at least in the 90s.  I have a little room AC in the office that just does a great job and then the house system is set to come on at 78.  This afternoon its been on a lot which is not so good for the upcoming bill.  I'm thankful I have a cool place to work and rest.
This afternoon Ray came over to visit and we ended up in the kitchen, I was hungry and warmed up some vege burger in a fry pan, cooked some peas in the microwave and I mentioned that I had this huge frozen sack of broccoli in the freezer.  Ray share an idea of how to turn some of the contents of that sack into very good tasting food.  He insisted and we discovered that I had a can of Italian bread crumbs, a large container of garlic, some stick butter and some oil.  He took several pieces of broccoli out of the sack and placed them in a bowl, then he ran water over and around the pieces to wet them, then he put the bread crumbs all around the pieces, then added garlic, butter and pepper.  He stirred the ingredients all around so the crumbs were sticky and microwaved it for 6 minutes.  What came out was a tasty feast.  I was ready to throw the sack of frozen pieces away as I had been told that they were probably not going to be much good.  Wrong, they are great and now I know another way to make good food more interesting.
Today I've been a busy boy.  Ken and I beat the pavement this morning and found that even at 7 am it was starting to get warm.  Once people were up I followed up on a contact I had made regarding a tow dolly.  I've been interested in one for the last 2 years.  With a tow dolly I can take the bug with me when I travel and once I stop and park I have a car to do appraisals, go sight seeing, go into town to buy food, whatever.  Its been a dream and I follow listings on Craig's list all the time.  Imagine my surprise when I discovered a listing for one right here in Discovery Bay.  It seemed the price was a bit high but I asked Steve if he would go with me to look at it this morning.  We both liked what we saw.  While not perfect it is strong, well built and in good condition.  It was the first time in years that I've tried to bargain and it worked out really well.  He came down $140 from his initial price which put the final price right where I thought it should be so we agreed.  This evening he delivered it to my driveway.  I have thought long and hard about doing this knowing there is still a chance I might have to let the motorhome go but then I realized that if the motorhome had to go I would just turn around and sell the tow dolly and probably not lose any money in the process.  I cannot begin to tell you how pleased I am to finally have a tow dolly and I'm looking forward to the freedom it will allow for future camping.
Once that was over and Steve and I had breakfast I came back home to settle in to work and a break here and there I've gotten lots of work completed.
Now its time for bed, 6:30 walk comes early in the morning.
I hope your weekend has gone well for you and that you have had moments of bliss, moments of peace and moments of joy.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment