Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Living the dream

Dear Family and Friends,
Well why not, it might not be everyone's dream, working about 12 hours a day, fitting in tiny meals around work, sitting in a work chair and facing the computer screen, taking phone calls, helping people discover their dream, home ownership, sure could be worse.

Ken and I walked this morning, it was cold and Ken kept reminding me since I went in a tee shirt and shorts and he was in a jacked and hat.  But half way round he discovered he was warm and I was fine.  We enjoy our route which involves walking down Willow Lake Road to River Lake Road, then turning onto Discovery Bay Blvd. and then walking until we reach Willow Lake Road which is our final leg of the route.

This morning I discovered that my body fat was 36 instead of 44 like it used to be and the weight was down to 218.  How happy I'll be when it hits 200 and even more happy when it hits 175, by then I'll be dancing in the streets.

Did I tell you about my misfortune with the straw?  I made a nice mocha drink with ice cubes on Sunday, it was so good that I went back for a second one, when I had it made I could not locate my straw so I got another one, then I noticed flakes of red and blue in my drink, then to my horror I realized that I had blended my straw in the second drink and had already downed about 5 ozs of it.  I threw the rest out and made a new non plastic drink.  So far all I can tell is that I sure spend time in the little room with great results.  I do not recommend plastic as a filler for the system.

When Nan looked at me with tears streaming down her face and said, who will take care of you, she had only an inkling of just how bad it would be, yes she did a wonderful job of caring for me over the years and I've made a pretty big mess of it since she is gone.  She was right and yet she would be so proud of how things are now with me, I'm eating bread I make myself, I had corn tonight I cooked myself, for breakfast I had stripples I made myself and enjoyed more pineapple I prepared myself.  I get to appointments mostly on time, my clothes are clean and hung neatly in three closets, tee shirts and shorts are folded and in drawers in neat stacks.  Even the pillows are freshly washed.  I have flowers blooming on the back decks, tomatoes are growing, I played music all day today while I worked using the Direct TV receiver.  I'm in the best physical shape I've been in for several years and have more strength and endurance.  I love caring for the kidos and can do it well including diapers, who doesn't love diapers?

So while there are miles to go before I even think of sleeping life wise still I've made great progress and am loving it.  Now I'm starting to turn my attention to the physical world around me, the landscaping of my property is horrible.  I need to get things cleaned up, house painted, deck power washed and stained, one section jacked up and resupported under neath, a safety fence installed to keep kidos out of the lake and safe, oh yes there are lots of things to do, then there is that garage and the toys that Nikki played with, the holy land tapes for George to edit, the albums to convert to CD and IPOD.  No shortage of projects around here and finally the will and strength to begin facing them.

God has been very patient with me over the years.  I am a very faulty human being with lots of past to forgive.  I pray and hope that I get a chance on some kind of future when the timing is right.  Whatever God is good, humorous and involved.  My prayer tonight is that He will bless my kids in the special ways they need right now.

Love to all,

Tim

ps  Two rush appraisals came in this afternoon, need to be done by Friday afternoon, that will wake you up for sure.  Instead of spin class tonight I was measuring a 3300 sf house in Brentwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment