Monday, June 14, 2010

Productive day, it would have been our 39th Anniversary today.

It all started with waking up early, before the alarm could do its job.  I slowly rolled out, showered, led the doggies downstairs, ate a quick breakfast and then drove to take over at the Shipley house so Nikki could leave for work.  She cautioned me that Kallie might not wake at her normal time.  No kidding, at 8:20 she finally announced that she was awake and ready for some attention.  I let her help me wake keanna who was sleeping soundly as well.
We had a quick run by some food and then drove to Black Diamond where Keanna is in summer camp / gymnastics camp this week.  She loves it and it keeps her busy and learning up until 4 pm when today her mom picked her up.  After we dropped Keanna off then Kallie and I drove to her baby sitters, a lovely couple who just love kids and run a really good daycare.  They play, eat, sleep and learn things.
After dropping Kallie off I came back home / office and finished writing an appraisal that was needed, a little condo in South San Francisco for just $345,000, a real bargain.
Once I completed the appraisal I had lunch which was salad and a rye toast.  Then I checked the mail and was overwhelmed with two checks that totalled a house payment.  That was very good news.  I set out for Concord to see a little condo, this one is going for $115,000, can we say location location location.  Once finished with the condo I headed home using the back roads through the hills.  Then per Nikki's suggestion I went to the gym first since I was ahead of schedule and did a full blown workout, oh I will be sore in the morning.
The next stop was Weight Watchers and once again I was rewarded with weight loss.  I have now lost an official 17 lbs.  I wonder how much better I would do if I journaled what I was eating all the time like one is supposed to do per the Weight Watchers program.  Guess I'd better get with it and dump some serious weight.  And yes I can certainly tell that I've lost the weight.  Size 36 pants now fit perfectly and for the first time in nearly three years.  I think Nan would have been very delighted with this progress.

From time to time I've paused in my thinking to reflect on different points in our married life.  I remember our cross country trips to the seminary, to Texas, to Canada, Mexico, our cruises to Alaska, Mexico, Caribbean from both Galveston and Miami, our many hours of listening to books together as we drove places, our weekend get aways to Vegas or Tahoe and how much we loved to go to the cabin, Barb and Gerry's little paradise up at Tahoe. We had a normal life, high points, low points but we really clung to each other and needed all the love we could count on during the final years.  I do not regret one minute with Nan, she was a one of a kind woman and a treasure to my heart.  I am thankful God led us together, held us together and watched over it all.

Good night my friend, my family,

love
tim

No comments:

Post a Comment