Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pastor Jessica comes to visit

Dear Family and Friends,
Another really terrific day.  What I mean to say is that I was able to accomplish a lot of work today, went to spin class and then came home to tidy up the house a bit as I knew the pastor was coming for a visit. 

Spin class was work, it always is but I notice that I'm able to handle it better each time and I think that is great news.  Our instructor is so inspiring, she won't let us fail and for 30 minutes we spin, we stand up and pump, we lean over and pump and we stretch and mostly I just sweat.  Tonight there was a brave new lady there and she perspired a lot too, I felt for her.

This morning after caring for the kidos I drove to Knightsen, a tiny little town with a post office, one store, a bar and a fire station.  I was seeing a little house that is selling for just $75,000.  It was totally cute and has been in the family for many years, now a younger daughter is buying it from the estate.  What a nice place and her dad was really interesting to get to know.  He has been the fire chief for many many years until the county took it over, drove it under financially and is now talking about closing it.  Government is often not the best answer to everyday problems.

I enjoyed the visit with the pastor tonight.  We sat on the back deck and ate badly burned popcorn and I was impressed once again that God has placed her in our Tracy SDA Church for very good reasons.  she is really terrific at communication and loves the Lord.

Right now I'm heading to bed, the day has been long, the weather warm and rest is over due.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment