Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rat race in high gear

Dear Family and Friends,
What a great day!  I had both breakfast and lunch on the back deck.  This morning as I munched down my home made break lightly toasted with a sheen of real butter and some cheddar cheese, drank my smoothie filled with freshly cut pineapple and strawberries with a ripe banana and watched the breeze play with the water below by the water a family of geese with little ones were hunting bugs and talking to each other.  Fish were swimming and the temperature was just perfect.  It was a magic moment.
I finally dragged myself into the office and began to work.  A client who was facing her divorce lawyer this morning needed her report.  It was long overdue and so after the walk was completed I had sat down and finished the report in time for her to take it with her.  That felt good to get it done.  And since it was less than she thought value wise and more than he thought value wise I was probably close to being spot on.
Then I sat to work to solve several little problems around the house, the disposal was stuck and that took about 1 second with a nut driver to rock it loose. The kitchen counters looked terrible, loaded with dishes and serving plates so I tackled that as well, then I washed down the tile countertops.  I noticed that the pineapple was ready to cut.  Having never cut one before I gingerly began the process.  It turned out to be much easier than I expected and the fruit is wonderful, almost too ripe the taste is like Costa Rica.  I have some saved in the frig for tomorrow and of course used some in the smoothie.  Fruit is so wonderful and our bodies just love it.  It is not expensive but goes fast so it need to be purchased often.  I'm treating myself to a tiny bit of low fat whipped cream on the fruit.

For lunch I found brown rice, pinto beans and some vegeburger.  Placed on a paper plate and under cover I warmed them for 1 minutes.  Talk about great taste, so yummy.  The thing about foods that have lots of fiber and low calories is they fill you, they last and the tend to taste really good.

This evening I had to run to Dublin to see a property and then I found dinner at a place that Nikki suggested.  The food was great, I mean really great and the price was reasonable.

Now I'm back home and ready to hit the hay once again.  Today I've chased motorhome batteries, lined up how to change the heater fan in the VW with advice found on the web, purchased fish food, ordered meds and done loads of wash from the trip in the motorhome.

All in all its been a great day and the weather is just amazing right now, its so amazing that my brother Jerry even got to plant his garden hoping that the snow and frost are over for the season.  I had my first tomato for lunch today off my vines, can we say wow, what tangy taste!

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment