Sunday, October 10, 2010

Blessed

Dear Family and Friends,
Just a couple days until our family grows with the exciting addition of Mia to the mix.  Of course she will grow to be a Republican and probably rule the world, can't wait.  I think Jo would probably agree with the can't wait part, I know she is really feeling it right now and I thank her for her sacrifice so Mia can join the fun.

While some of you let this day slip through your fingers in leisure and perhaps watching a game or two on the tele I on the other hand was very hard at work.  When someone gives me a chance then I'm going to make the very best of it I can.  Having organized everything last night today was a day of action.  With Ken sleeping in, he was so tired, LeAnn really keeps him busy! I slipped out of bed, took one look at his house and seeing no lights decided that we would not be walking today.  Since I was up I came down and wrote an appraisal, emailed it out and then had breakfast.  My meager grocery purchases yesterday were just enough and it tasted very good.  Then I loaded up the car and headed for Lathrop, a little bedroom town which was hit hard by the bad loans and foreclosures.  Only today I was going to help people prepare for an upcoming bankruptcy and they needed a value for the courts.  The home was lovely and had so many flat screen TVs I could not believe it.  They were watching 3 large screens with football games on each in the family room, there was yet another going in the garage and then each bedroom had a smaller flat screen as well.  Only in America!  Since the inspection was a cash one I left with green in my wallet.  I was excited because now I could afford to get my meds which had been held hostage for over a week!  After a quick stop at home for lunch spent standing on the back deck enjoying the day, the ducks, the geese, the fish jumping, the swans swimming, the gators snapping, wait!  No fish were jumping, no swans in sight and the gators were still in Florida.  You have to go to Lakemont to see swans, right Roger and Carol!
I left for Antioch where I inspected a home that was reported to be trashed by the angry residents who had lost their home.  Well I was pleasantly surprised.  Once I got past the 3 foot high weeds and through the door that had been broken down by thieves I found the granite still in place untouched in the kitchen, the appliances were gone but had been taken out carefully, the carpets were in great shape, the paint was fine, there were little things like the back yard AC condenser was trashed, someone was after copper and there were a few rough spots but mostly it is a nice house and should sell well.  I'm working for the bank on this one.
Then it was on to a 4 plex in the less than ideal part of the city.  This afternoon everything was fine, thugs were on vacation or siesta or something and the inspection went quickly.  How hard is it to measure 4 units that are all the same in size and features.  After driving the comps I headed to CostCo to have some fun.
I was headed there for water and vit. D.  I found both and also discovered some frozen blueberries, 3 pounds of them, some sausages for breakfast, a whole lot of them for a little price and a couple other things, oh yes two dozen eggs for $1.99, I treated them so carefully in hopes that I can get them home and in the frig without smashing them like last time.
On the way home I finally arrived at CVS to discover they had given up and put the meds back on the shelf.  That did not set well but I walked around and calmed down.  They were so nice and took my $57 in cash without batting an eye.  I came home and unloaded the groceries, then proceeded to reload the pill box for the week.  It is finally full for a change, now lets get the blood sugar level down to 100 again.  Ray had some extra meds that I use so he contributed to the cause for which I am very grateful.
Tomorrow morning I start my day at 9 am in San Jose, oh that will be a fun drive for sure!  Then I see another one nearby at 10:30 and then I meet Steve in Fremont to see a 3rd property, then nearby for a 4th and finally at 4:30 for a 5th property.  Do you have any idea of what a blessing that is, its has been many months since I had 5 to do in a whole week!!!  Now we are seeing them in one day.

So I'm trying to stay focused, to work hard, to work smart and to keep calm and just enjoy the blessing of work.  It feels so good to be able to work with Steve again as well.

So for tonight that is all she wrote........

Love


tim
ps  the couple who are renting the motorhome called today to place a deposit, problem is I didn't know how much the deposit is supposed to be, yikes.  One more thing to take care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment