Sunday, October 31, 2010

So what do you live for?

It seems life goes by so fast that many days have little living in them, there is production of work that will bring a fee eventually, there is inspections and travel to and from these locations, there is taking phone calls and solving problems for clients but as far as joyful living, having time to spend with kiddos and friends and family, days can go by without little meaningful contact.  Its too bad that we are so like little hampsters on the wheel, pushing ever harder and faster but not seeming to reach the destination or goals.

Today was better than usual.  I stepped off the hamster wheel for at least part of the day.  It was a sunny fall day and after we walked Ken helped air up the motorhome tires to their 85 lbs level, then I opened the awning in hopes of power washing some of the stains away, well that did not happen, those stains and mildew are pretty much there for now, I took a can of tire treatment and sprayed the tires with white foam but when I looked again the tires gleamed black and shiny, what a change.  Other than some carpet spot cleaning and good vacuming I think it is about ready.  I'll wash it from top to bottom Tuesday morning and then we hope for the best as the renters arrive about noon to take possession.  Perfect, no far from it but oh so much better than a couple months ago.

This afternoon I drove to Tracy to return the digital converter for the motorhome TVs, it just didn't work with the current antenna and I'm not about to put out $159 for a new antenna right now.

Late this afternoon I settled in and wrote an appraisal which has been emailed in, approved and sent to the client already.  I have more to write but now sleep beckons.  I just did a silly thing.  I had a large mug of mocha ready, sat it down on my desk and promptly tipped it over.  I had hot liquid everywhere, now its is sort of cleaned up, what a mess.

This evening after the appraisal was completed I turned on the porch lights and welcomed the little monsters who were trick or treating.  They were cute and then my own little kiddos arrived.  For them I had pasta and an orange peeled.  I've got a couple photos to share of the girls.

So what do we live for?  To maintain our lifestyle we work and attempt to pay the bills that come with the "good" life.  We try to be helpful to people through our work and our free time.  We try to find a balance between work and play, between worship and exercise, between reaching out to people and letting them reach in to us.

I feel so blessed when I take the time to slow down and consider, outstanding friends, with talents, humor, ideas, support, loving family, all bright, all stubborn, with their own ideas about everything, what a group and how I love them all.

What shall we accomplish this week?  Shall we try to do something good, helpful, caring?  Why not.

Love
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment