Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Raid on the dollars

It started early this morning, after our walk I started right in at the office.  I wanted to quickly deal with the condition of the big one I had completed yesterday.  Now they wanted a bird's eye view map and of course I did not know how to insert one into the report.  So I did the online help with my software people in the south, they came back and said I had to made the plunge into the new 32 bit software and of course that would be $100 for the upgrade, lovely way to start the day.  So I downloaded the software, opened the appraisal and was stopped cold, the computer needed Microsoft Silverline .4 and since my computer had Silverline 2 in it we were at the wall.  The 2 version would not uninstall.  The tech that I pay a monthly fee for was no help at all, he said call your local tech so after several calls I reached Jim.  He took control of my computer from his office and after a few minutes solved the problem completely so I gave him $100 for his time.  He was trying to cover his house payment.  Meanwhile time was passing so at 11:45 I finally was able to deliver the appraisal with the corrected page, what a huge waste of time in the meantime.  Of course by now Brentwood Transmission had called to say they needed a new battery and could I come in and bring a new one to them to install for the bug.  So I drove in, picked up the old battery, went to Napa Auto, found out it was under warranty but of course without a receipt they could do nothing.  So I drove back to Brentwood Transmission and Stan the owner called Rick the owner of Napa and suddenly I was back to Napa and paying just $42 for a new battery, warranty covered the rest.  Back to Brentwood Transmission with the new battery and then back home.  Once home I started writing an appraisal that was due this afternoon but the new software will take some getting used to and it kept failing, that will be solved another day.  Finally I completed the report and headed back to Brentwood and paid Brentwood Transmission $368 for the new starter and who knows what else.  Next stop was the rental car company.  That stop cost me $346 for the $12 a day insurance I had foolishly agreed to when I got the car.  Then a quick ride back to the bug and I started it to leave.  Unfortunately there are now two dash warning indicators on that were not on when I took the car in.  One is a blinking glow plug warning and the other an engine warning.  The car seems to drive nicely and is so shiny.  Loren Dunston will appreciate this, it has a totally new grill, all my broken parts that were held together by plastic ties are gone and two new fog lights along with a new grill are in place.
Finally I headed home afraid to spend any more money, what would hit next?  Fortunately the Lord had provided just enough to cover all this crazy spending the last two days.
So tomorrow is a new day, one with appointments and commitments.
Sending love to all,

Tim
ps  I just got to see Mia, she will be in college before I get there it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment