Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rainy sunday

Good evening
I'm finally through tweaking the motorhome.  When I opened the coach up I discovered a rather nasty leak which was pouring water over the couch and all the linen stored underneath, what a mess.  I was at the motorhome to install a set of brackets that hold the table in place, Art picked them up from an RV supply store and now they are properly installed.  I also moved all the food supplies back into the house and brought in boxes of things that were extra in the motorhome, not needed and were taking up space.  So this evening I have a small space heater directed at the wet couch and the carpet below it trying to rid it of the dampness which is always the enemy for tightly closed up motorhomes.

This morning Ken torn me from my warm cozy bed and forced me onto the street to walk in the driving wind, well at least that is one story, actually we mutually agreed to venture out and even though I coughed a lot while I was walking I've coughed much less the rest of the day.  Upon returning from the damp and windy morning I did some quick research and hit the road.  Of course the car was empty, no one to blame but me for that so in Stockton I had to take a quick break and fill it up.

I had an appointment at 10 to inspect a property on Alpine Road east of Stockton.  This old home was located on 6 fully developed acres and it was indeed interesting.  Built in phases over the years the home had wood ceilings, walls and floors, two wood stoves and was sort of charming.  It is owned by a couple that only recently found each other.  He had 600 acres and a new home in England, was here visiting, met his wife and they decided to live in America where she was already established.  They were a quirky couple and very enjoyable to meet.  I spent the next two hours driving 9 comparables located over a 5 mile radius from which I hope I'll be able to create a reasonable appraisal tomorrow.  While I was there I also shot one last sale of a big house to help with the appraisal for the 8400 sf home.  Now tomorrow I must settle down and write these two challenging reports.

After weeks of being totally buried with work I have NO new orders to see now.  How strange it feels to have moved from being buried to a place with no work.  I'm sure the Lord knows exactly what He is doing but I don't have a clue what it  all means.

I'm hoping you have a great week and can let the rain work for you in your lives.

Love

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment