Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sick

Report
I'm still here, alive and semi kicking!  I rose this morning at 7:15, showered and had breakfast and found myself behind before I even left for the field.  I arrived at the first appointment to discover it was raining and since I had the rental care there was no coat in the trunk.  Not fun and I felt terrible, coughed the entire hour trip to San Leandro.  The owner was Terrific and gave me hot tea while we talked.  Then I drove to the second appointment and found the owner finally as I was preparing to leave.  He had a stroke about a year ago and does not move too fast.  The property had a great view amenity of the SF, the bay and the vast area below.  They had remodeled everything and even had two steam showers.  By now I really felt rough so I called my special doctor friend Jim Edwards who was on his way to a golf game.  He called in some meds while he was on the course.  What a friend.
So I stopped at CVS and Sandy had the meds ready, I took the first pill in the parking lot and I'm about to take the second one now.  Sylvia had been a great sounding board for me and suggested I take some Tylenol which I did. 
Once home I had soup, orange juice and then settled into the chair before a roaring fire for a few minutes.  Jerry's wood long ago delivered came in great today.  AFter a bit I felt better and have come into the office and worked.  I just sent out an appraisal of a house I saw today and I'll do a couple more in the morning before I leave to see homes tomorrow.
This evening I don't have the fever that hit me last night but the coughing and head pain is very real.  I've had tea all day and a little while ago I had a slice of bread with Laughing Cow cheese, 35 calories a wedge and a tomato from my plants which I sliced very thin to make it last.
I also baked a potato and smothered it will cottage cheese, pinto beans and butter. Talk about good!
Now I'm heading to bed and will sleep until I wake in the morning.  Thank you dear friends and family for your friendly and helpful calls today.
This afternoon Jo and Mia came home from the hospital but Jason and Timothy will have to keep their distance as both are sick, sort of with the same thing I have, no fun and not good for little Mia.  Jo seems to be doing very well and I'm so proud of her and Jason.

Well here comes a new week, are you ready?  I know I'm not mentally.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment