Saturday, October 23, 2010

Kallie goes to Sabbath School

Kallie in the middle of the action at Sabbath School as teacher Kim shares lessons from the lambs.

It was great, to get to see the girls again and take Kallie to Sabbath School.  Keanna had a soccer game and she proudly told me that there were only two more and then she could go back to Sabbath School and see Sylvia.

After Sabbath School we caught some chicken at Burger King where Kallie played her heart out in the structure.  Then we battled to keep her awake as we drove home.  She went right to bed and slept the next two hours while Pappa napped in the recliner under a cozy blanket.  Steve is on a business trip to LA this weekend so I was able to help out with Kallie.  I wore a mask as I did NOT want Kallie to catch this horrible junk I have in my lungs.  No way.

This afternoon I took it sort of easy, figured out what food I would need to get by without spending much and then Ray and I went shopping, bolts at Ace Hardward for the motorhome, a few things at FoodMax and of course then I had to run right home and eat.  This time around I purchased some thin whole wheat buns and tonight I had them in the toaster oven with grated cheddar cheese and then cut fresh tomatoes from Steve and Nikki's garden.  Then I broke all the rules and hat Top Ramein.  I've not had any for over a year and I know is it packed with salt but oh it is good on a cold rainy night.

This evening I've been tweaking the motorhome.  Since we purchased it 8 years ago we have always been annoyed by the sharp edges of the plywood base for the mattress.  They have ruined nylons, torn flesh and just been a pest.  For some time I've thought that if one had a long tube and could cut a solid cut from end to end of the tube and then pushed it onto the plywood edge it would cover the sharp splinters.  Well as I write tonight it is done, it was an amazing difficult job, the tube did not want to open enough to slip over the plywood but it is done and stapled into place.  Then the hinges connected to that same plywood base had come loose from the base so some new bolts with washers solved that problem.  I think I'll get tires on Thursday and a couple batteries earlier in the week.  With everyones help, Ken pumping up tires, Ray fixing the door with graphite, Sylvia cleaning, detailing, sorting, purchasing and organizing the interior is in much better condition and with Art helping put in the new dinette.  Maybe I'm alone so much because my friends are afraid to come around, I'll put them to work.  The motorhome is really taking shape and of course a huge step forward happened when Steve took on the task of installing a new radio, fixed the speakers including two new ones, detailed the dash, the whole front of the motorhome.  Wow!

On November 2 my renters arrive from Lake Tahoe to learn about the motorhome and then drive to San Diego for a week.  How I hope everything works well for them, we are all certainly trying to get it ready.

Tomorrow morning at 10 I see a property in Stockton with 6 acres.  Then I come back home to work on appraisals and tweak the motorhome some more.  Today's mail brought me a check, enough to take the pressure off for now and I'm grateful for it.

Last night was awful, one of those nights when everything just seems to keep crashing into the thinking and sleep would not come but this morning I caught a break.  Ken and I had planned to walk at 7 but he called to tell me it was misty so we both decided that was far too dangerous with my cold, the next thing I knew was phone ringing and it was Nikki telling me Kallie could got to SS.  It was 8:13.  Latest I've slept in a very long time, yea!

Sending wet hugs to all, its raining here tonight and thats just fine with me.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment