Saturday, October 9, 2010

Things change

Dear Family and Friends,
9:20 Sabbath evening, classical music is playing through the Bose speakers and the computer.  The dryer is making its normal loud sounds bringing the end to some loads of wash.  I had an interesting experience earlier in the evening.  In spite of $2,215 coming in in the last 20 hours until it clears the bank I am totally broke.  So out comes the piggy bank for a very selective shopping spree at Safeway.  One quart of milk, two bananas, one loaf of break that was on sale and one little container of fat free half and half.  Of course when I checked out the same credit card came through for me again even though I'm over the limit.  Bless you Visa credit card.  I had $6.20 with me to cover the needed items.
Lately I've been harking back to the many packs of food I have from Jenny Craig that Pam passed on to me.  They are surprisingly good and so quick to prepare.  Rip open a corner of the lid, put in instant hot water, seal and wait for 5 minutes, stir and enjoy.  Tonight it was split pea soup and so good.
This morning I woke feeling much better having decided that the Sabbath hours did not need to be cluttered with the worries of yesterday or tomorrow.
The girls were ready to travel to Sabbath School and just listening to them banter back and forth is a very rewarding experience.  Keanna disappeared and I didn't see her for an hour.  Kallie and I joined 4 other 2 year olds with Emily the teacher today.  She had double duty as Luke, her little two year old grandboy was one of the 5.  She did a great job and the kids all had a wonderful time.
Afterwards Keanna appealed for McDonalds, it is newly remodeled and very nice, so we went and again I sore of sweated the cost factor but the trusty credit card worked, they had their happy meals and played for a long time on the play structure.  Kallie is fearless which is often a problem and results in scratches and scrapes on her knees and arms.
Once I delivered them home to their loving parents and admired the salt water tank that steve has set up I headed home.  Once home I discovered that the mail was good to me today.  One of the main lenders came through with a nice check.  Thank you Lord for the work and the pay.
I've got everything mapped out for the next few days. Steve will helping me on Monday which is so needed.  A couple of the orders turned out to not need my work, one is on hold right now but there are plenty to go around for now, about 18 total orders.  This is in comparison to about 3 a week for the last couple months.  Yes I feel blessed and challenged to do my best, get them seen and completed and feel a touch of success again.
So now its bed time.  My first appointment is in Lathrop tomorrow morning at 10, then there are two in Antioch to see and of course a few to write up as well.

Sending love to all and a special thanks to Judy from Laurelwood days.  She has remained a tremendous friend over the years, a very special person.

Also thinking of Jo as she is dealing with the last few days of Mia inside and very anxious to come out to play!

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment