Friday, October 22, 2010

The Experience of Working

The work week has come to an end and when I was standing at the counter at Taco Bell in Brentwood I was watching the people creating fast food.  I thought wow they really work hard to keep up with the demands of us customers, they looked up at the monitors to see what was needed next and then quickly they moved their hands creating the gourmet delights or whatever!

As some of you know for the last three weeks I've done little else than work and sleep.  Anything else has been put on hold, the dishes are hardly ever washed, the dogs get fed when they beg and Lois ended up feeling the cats, they had given up on begging me for food.  I see tonight that they supplemented their diet with a bird, only a few feathers are left!  For some reason several management companies conspired to see if they could bury me and of course the rush came just when I wanted relaxing time with Timothy and Jason and Jo. That was not to be, every hour there I was at the laptop working so gave Timothy short shift, sorry buddy.

Now the wave of work has come to an end.  I see one on Sunday, need to write up that one and two others and then I'm caught up again.  I sort of thought this day would come but now that its here its a strange feeling.  My neck and chest tell me that I could not work at this intensity for very long or something would break inside. Today I've worked since 6:15 this morning and I'm very tired.

Tomorrow morning if I feel decently healthy I'm going to bring Kallie to Sabbath School.  If I can control the coughing so as not to make her ill.  We sure don't want that.  It will be wonderful to do something normal for a change.  Earlier I checked the computer and it looks like well over $5,000 is now owned to me by just one company and there were others that owe as well.  So perhaps someday money will once again come in the mail.  Perhaps.

Anyway tonight I feel tired and like the workers at Taco Bell I too have been busy creating things people want and need, work is just that, its not easy and I could sure use a break but for now I'll just hang in and hope for life again someday.

Good night my friends and enjoy your weekend, love the one you are with.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment