Thursday, October 21, 2010

Moving forward

Dear Family and Friends,
Why do I feel so alone most of the time?  Just asking, oh could it be because I'm alone all the time, that could be it.  Just sleeping and working for the last few weeks.  At least I'm getting good at cranking out reports and making new friends, sort of, who work at management companies.
This morning I came down and just went to work, with a steaming mug of hot mocca and classical music in the background I settled in to write appraisals and to face some very tough emotional things I needed to do.  So before I could think too much I had the phone ringing for the lawyers office for the FDIC, the ones who are after me for an appraisal done by this office 5 years ago, one that I happen to think we did a good job on.  Someone named Jean answered and was pleasant to talk with.  When I asked if I could have a copy of the appraisal review she said they didn't have it back yet so there was nothing so far to respond to.  She just asked that I supply the name of the E&O company I use and that would satisfy for now.  Mind you her letter to me arrived August 28 and they have no even gotten the review back yet?  Raises lots of questions, mainly I did not get the feeling that my delay was causing any extra problems.  OK one down, then I called my mortgage company but never could get through, the phone line would hold for a bit and then hangup on me so I had to give that one up.
This afternoon I inspected the biggest home I have ever been in.  It is supposed to be over 8,000 sf and is just amazing.  I think the owner is the CEO of a local bank.  Just a few details, each walk behind wet bar, there are three, had a dishwasher, frig, wine frig, disposal.  There are thousands of feet of Travertine tile flooring, the kitchen has granite that must be 5 inches thick and triple scultpured on the edges, the freezer and dishwashers have wood front so just look like cabinets, there are many bedrooms and each has its own patio and bathroom, the living room is two stories high and has walls covered with game trophies, rino's, lions, fox, birds, big game and little game, reminds me of the place Bob and Carrol took me in Rio Vista where the walls are covered with big game animals mounted on the walls.
The owner showed me through and she was so nice and informed.  Her husband in on a committee that meets in Washington several times a year to discuss banking issues.  At the present time there are plenty of issues, duh!  The garage holds 4 cars and has custom wood doors that open like conventional garage doors but do not look like Garage doors at all.  The entire walls have cabinets and the floor glistens with a special treatment.  When you step in the lights come on for you.
It was a really interesting opportunity but now comes the hard part.  Turning my notes and observations into a reasonable appraisal that will stand the scrutiny that a loan this large deserves.  I have her only set of prints with me for a few days.
Well its been a week since any money came in the mail, not so fun because the bills just keep coming in.
My head aches a lot now from the coughing which is still pretty bad.  I just keep going since there is work to do and get written up.  After Stockton and Taco Bell I drove to Mountain House to inspect a more normal sized home.  It was built by Pulte and is a good floor plan, selling for $275,000.  Then on toward home and some pasta with mushroom soup and cottage cheese.  Now slowing down a bit.  I may go to the club yet tonight to do some basic workout and I may not, we will see.
Sending love to all, Jo says Mia is doing great, eats and sleeps, everyone there is feeling better now.  I can't go visit again until I get well and I want that to happen soon.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment