Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Pace is intense

Dear Family and Friends,
Its 8:30 and I've just had some dinner and taken the pills I have left.  At this point I'm out of money, the Blue Cross payment was taken today, all $1,005 of it for the month and only $800 came in the mail, that goodness it came.  I was able to shuffle some funds to cover the health insurance but I certainly hope money comes tomorrow in the mail.  When I work this hard and these very long hours I'm looking forward to the payback and soon.
I wrestled with a tough one today, I had to do a rebuttal to a couple of  reviews of an appraisal I had completed in July.  The irony is, they agreed with the value I arrived at, just not the method I used to get there.  They demanded 3 new comps that had closed in the last 90 days and located within 5 miles of the subject property.  There are no such comps.  It was an interesting couple hours trying to battle back to support the report that had already taken many hours to produce.  Now it is with the underwriters so we will see.
After I completed that there was a relocation report to be written for a property in Tracy.  It was due today and it went out but hours later than I would have liked.  Of course there were comp checks for clients, setting up new orders, making appointments.
Later this afternoon I just blew off the office and drove to Hayward, did an inspection of nice little house and then grabbed a burrito on the way home.  It was nice to talk to my brother as I drove and hear about his roaring fire and the walk in the cool weather he took today.
So now its time to start on yet another challenging one which I'll start tonight and complete in the morning before leaving for Oakland at 9 am.

I guess you can probably tell my stress level is pretty high, there are so many things in the mix, getting the motorhome ready to rent, dealing with the mortgage adjustment, dealing with the threat by the FDIC over the 5 year old appraisal, needing to purchase meds but having no money to do so, just little things like that and this afternoon 5 more orders came roaring in.  From Aptos to Stockton and all points in between.  When it rains it certainly pours these days.

Wishing all of you a good night and a good Friday tomorrow.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment