Wednesday, March 23, 2011

And the rains did fall

Dear Family and Friends
I had that rare pleasure of watching the girls wake up this morning.  Keanna came down and climbed under a blanket and watched the news with me.  Later Kallie woke and when I went into her room there she was standing in her soft sided toy box with all the toys on the floor and she appeared very much like a Jack in the Box, she was smiling from ear to ear, happy and ready for the day.

They ate their breakfast and then we were on the road through the rain, Keanna to the club for day camp and Kallie to the sitters, beloved child care people.  Then it was back home for some oatmeal and a quick walk to the office.  In between I built a fire so Marilyn would not be cold, drank some of her good coffee and cranked out some work.

At 2 pm I headed to Brentwood and picked up Keanna.  She was full of news about the events of the day.  Back home she mostly cared for herself until later in the afternoon we played a game that Marilyn purchased for just such times.  Of course little miss sharp eyes won every game.  Then Nikki had arrived and they all headed home and I headed to spin class.  What fun that was, NOT.  Spin class is a strange world with very loud music, freezing cold temperatures and a room filled with mostly hard bodies, a few soft bodies and one very old body.  I try to keep up as well as I can and Kim even announced that I had lost a lot of weight which was nice but very embarrassing too.  After spin class I just stumble to the door, to the car and then head home.  Tonight Marilyn had ordered her dinner and given me some money to buy it.  So I went to Kentucky Fried Chicken for her.

The evening has gone fast and now its bed time again.  I received an interesting appraisal assignment this afternoon.  A client wants me to come up with a value for a home located in Studio City for a value date of April 14, 1986.  The home has since been torn down and a new one constructed there.  Very wild assignment.  Tomorrow I'll research it to see if there is any data available.

Sending best wishes to all, please pray for Timothy who is with his parents in San Diego on vacation but has started coughing a bit again.  Jo called him a germ magnet and that seems about right.  Precious little guy.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment