Monday, March 7, 2011

Winter is still with us

Dear Family and Friends,

As I write Starr half walks and half drags herself from the family room to the office where her water and food is.  Now she is drinking deeply.  She is barking telling me its time to head to bed, she is right as Ken has set 6:30 in the morning to walk providing the rain has abated.

Well today was so so for me, not good at all for Timothy and Mia who are both now ill with the flu.  Poor Jo and Jason with two sick children, my heart is with them all the time.  Its been a long winter and I don't think we are through with it yet.

Today when I completed a condo appraisal for Oakland I went through the normal steps, converted it to AI format for Met Life, the lender.  Soon I heard back from the reviewer, no good pages were superimposed on each other, parts were missing.  The AI converter was totally messing up.  Since that is way beyond me I did the online chat with the software people in North Carolina and Marty was great.  He told me that in just an hour a new version of the software I use was coming on line and he would call and install it for me.  He did just that and two hours later I was once again sending the report but back came the reply.  It was messed up in new ways now.  Of course all the other reports that need to be written are getting backed up even more.  Since the help chat line was closed for the day I gave up on them and patched the report together, sent it again and its been sent on to the lender but it was frustrating to say the very least.

The one bright spot came when a little voice laughed and I turned to see Kallie in the door to my office, beaming, shoes on the wrong feet and happy as a lark.  So the girls played for a bit while Nikki searched the house for things she could sell at the twins sale.  The twins sale is this huge sale, they rent buildings at the Alameda County Fairgrounds and sell over 50,000 items in the two day sale.  Nikki is now part of the group that makes it all happen and so she will be very busy this weekend.  From Thursday evening on she will have the van and it will go to the sale loaded to the roof with bins of items that are all bar coded and tagged.  If any of you are interested its open to the public and thousands of people will come search for things for their children or grandchildren.

Well for now I need massive amounts of rest.  Good night one and all and please pray for little Mia and big Timothy as they battle this awful bug.

Love


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment