Sunday, March 27, 2011

One day at a time

Dear Family and Friends,
I almost forgot to write.  I was just watching an episode of Blue Bloods, a show about New York cops and I really like the values that are supported.  This afternoon I finally broke down and purchased a new ipod to replace the one I destroyed with water in the motorhome.  The refund should come sometime this week.  Marilyn has spent the evening trying to get it set up and we tried to download a book.  Lois has taken care of down loading books for me for over a year and it looks like a real confusing process.  At this point Marilyn still has not solved getting the book downloaded and she spent hours on it.  In comparison her Kindle downloads a book in no more than 10 minutes from start to finish, what a difference.

It looks like we are in for sunshine again this week, after the intense rainy days and nights some sun will be very nice.  This afternoon I went back to the place in Tracy to try to solve several questions and only found more problems with the house.  I can find no thermostat, no furnace or AC system, the gas line is not hooked up to the meter, there is no water heater anywhere.  Its been a while since I found a property with all these problems.  I extended my 12 foot ladder all the way out and tried to peek into a screened opening in the side of the house but I just did not dare climb quite that high.

We we are all about to experience a new week, one that we will be participants in, we will be on the stage and its up to us how we will act, behave and motivate.  The process of relationships is never easy because we all see things differently from one another.  One person enjoys being outgoing, another enjoys quiet and solitude, one enjoys having a crowd around while yet another enjoys going it alone.  When I bring my own heart concerns to God I almost feel guilty considering what massive problems God has to cope with, the disaster for the people of Japan, the towns wiped out, the thousands of lost souls, the fear about radiation.  Our lives seem so blessed when we consider the situations so many fellow human beings are facing every day.

I think of the oath, do no harm, oh that in our day by day interactions with others we would do no harm, just be supportive and positive.

I'm hoping for an excellent week for each of you.  Thanks to the kindness of Dolly I've a new book to enjoy.  I'm already into it and while I'll share more later I'll just say it is great in its first few pages.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment