Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spin Class raises the sweat

Dear Ones,
Well today has been full of exercise.  Ken and I walked this morning and what a beautiful morning.  It was so very nice but it did seem like it was going to take forever to get finished.  I'm once again not feeling all that well and after a couple days with little coughing it really is back, this morning it seemed like the coughing would never quit.

I started the day hoping to solve some new appraisals.  But as soon as I sat down there was a condition from a management company demanding a comprehensive list of changes to the just completed report.  Now mind you all of the new requests were added requirements beyond what we've done for years.  One wonders when the constant changing climate will calm down and we can get back to work again knowing what to expect.  I really have to tamp down my anger at this continual assault on my profession.

At 11:40 I picked up Keanna from school.  She did her homework, ate popcorn, watched some TV and I continued working.  As I was overdrawn at the bank it was a blessing to receive payment for an appraisal I completed about a week ago here in Discovery Bay.  So later in the afternoon we ventured to make a deposit and pick up more popcorn at Safeway.

At 4:30 Keanna had swimming class which I watched and then we went to Dollar tree so Keanna could look around.  After a few minutes we traveled back to the club where Keanna went to child care to wait her mother.  I went to spin class and what a workout Kim led.  People around me rode like the wind and never missed a beat while I did my best to keep up.  Kim sought me out after class to tell me that I had done a good job.

I limped downstairs and hit the weight machines for a round.  Then it was past time to head home.  Upon arriving I baked a small potato, covered it with pinto beans, fresh chopped tomato and a bit of cottage cheese.  Of course there was a little butter and some sea salt and the meal was great.

Jerry just called and confirmed he is driving down tomorrow.  He will arrive in the afternoon and is bringing some firewood and other interesting things.  It will be great to see him and to have someone in this lonely house for awhile.

So far this week I've received no orders but I still have appraisals to write up which I'm trying to keep busy doing while waiting for new work.

So good night to all,

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment