Friday, March 18, 2011

The girls are here for a sleep over

Dear Friends and Family,
I sort of experienced a trade today, my two adult guests left and two little precious girls came to spend the night.  Kallie is alseep in the extra bedroom and Keanna is hopefully asleep in Nikki's old bedroom.  Problem is, the girls have a hard time settling down for night at a strange house.  We've been through popcorn, chicken baked in the oven, two pans of pasta, apple juice, rice milk, stories, blankets, pillows, PJs, diapers.  Finally I think it is safe to go to bed myself.

These two little ones are so full of ideas, energy and fun, pretty amazing.

Jerry left this morning and drove the 5 hours to Weed.  He arrived to heavy snow but made it before the roads got too bad.  Marilyn left in a rain storm braving the levee roads to visit her friend in Sacramento.

We will head to church in the morning and then might catch Olive Garden for lunch.  After that I might slip in a nap for a bit.

I'm deeply behind in my work at the moment, several orders have slipped in the last couple of days so Sunday should see me hitting the pavement to get things caught up, Monday too.  I'm so thankful for work, just wish I was more organized to handle it.  I find that I frequently disappoint myself, much more often than I can admit.  The coughing has been really bad today, not sure why, that tires me out inside.

I got to catch a bit of Randy Roberts preaching tonight, that was really good and then an inspiring story afterwards of a man who has done so many things and ended up at Loma Linda for needed proton treatments.  Great story.

Well good night all, so glad that Jerry got to visit, he is a real gentleman and I always learn so many things from his experience.  I'm very fortunate to have such a brother and I'm glad Donna let him slip away for a week to visit.  He is in much better shape than I am and he's 10 years older.  I had a nice surprise call from Sibyl tonight, she is my sister and she was calling late so it was really late for her in Ohio.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment