Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Long Day

Dear Family and Friends,
up at 6, walk at 6:15, on the road to Sac taking Marilyn to the plane at 8:45, back home by 11.

then to tracy to reinspect a house again, have the oil changed in the VW, then to Union city to see a very average home, then back to Brentwood for meds, then home finally.

Life is certainly busier than I thought it would be at this age and there is a lot less certainty than I expected as well.  I'm still dealing with some of the curves that destiny has created, some days very well and some days I'm close to failure and disaster.  Perhaps the saddest times are when I've ended up disappointing someone or pause to look back over my life.  My friends remind me there have been times when I've been very helpful and did positive things but I think you will identify with this, we really are our own worst critic and I can sure see many things I should have done better or different or not at all.  How precious is the acceptance of Jesus who actually knows everything, even the stuff we have done that we've forgotten and yet He loves us and keeps us close.

Tonight the house is quiet and while its different than the last few weeks its been mostly this way for several years now.  Its what I'm used to and I do fine with it.

I miss hearing from Sharon, Dana, Roxanna, they have busy lives I know but what precious friends they have been over the years.  It is always great to hear from my own children and I'm thinking I might just drive down to see Jason and Jo this weekend if their schedules can handle it.  Steve and Nikki and family are going to be in LA for the weekend so Starr and I might just load up the motorhome and head out.

For now I wish you all a good night or morning,

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment