Saturday, March 5, 2011

A great day

First we walked our three miles, then the worship hour in Tracy with Pastor Jessica preaching, got to sit with friends George and Yvonne which was much nicer than sitting alone, always fun to sing with George!

This afternoon I was longing to get out into nature and when Ken suggested we take a bike ride that sounded perfect.  I met he and his friend Fred in Brentwood.  He lives near to a bikeway which skirts a creek.  We ended up riding nearly 12 miles and it was so enjoyable.  We saw Great Blue Herons, ducks, more ducks and Egrets, many people walking along the path and finally got all the way down past Oakley where we could see the delta waterways nearby.  I was pleased that my body held up fine with the ride, never felt stressed or overly tired.  The guys helped me get the bike seat to the right height and that helped.  My bike is unique in that it has an automatic transmission, it selects the gear by how fast you are going.  It works very well and the ride was just what the doctor ordered.

Once the ride was over I came back home to shower and then drove to my friends home where she had a perfect dinner waiting.  It was a real pleasure.  After the meal we watched a movie and I'm just home from a very wonderful day all around.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment