Sunday, March 6, 2011

Back on the road again

Dear Family and Friends,
I've found that Sunday works well to see properties, traffic is light on the freeways. This morning I drove to Tracy and inspected a nice little house much like the one we had built so long ago when we lived there.  After completing the inspection and a quick stop at Best Buys to pick up a couple cables I needed for making connections I set the GPS that is now working perfectly by the way.  At 1 pm I pulled up and found a parking space on the street.  This was a condo unit in a mid rise building.  I finally found the lock box system, got the key out and made it inside.  The unit was really nice, hardwood floors, stainless steel appliances, granite and right in the heart of downtown Oakland.  Not sure that is where I would like to settle but one is sure close to a lot of interesting things.
Once the condo appraisal was completed and the GPS guided me to all the comps I headed home.
In Brentwood Ken met me at the bike shop and I picked up a few things to equip my bike, a water bottle holder, a little bell to warn off anyone in the way and a nice little bag that fits under the seat, has tools, place for the phone and even an extra tube for the tires.
One I pulled in at home I waded into a couple projects.  Even though it was raining I brought in some dry firewood, cleaned up the family room, pulled a Cat 6 wire through the wall behind the DVR, down the wall outside and into my office where it plugs into the router.  Now the DVR can be controlled by my iphone if I forget to record something, I can access the 6,000 free movies they have in the system as well.  So even fewer commercials will be in my future.
I built a fire and had Starr set with me while we enjoyed a movie.  She has not been eating today but while we were sitting in the chair she had a couple treats and now she just was drinking from her water dish.  I must get a device going so she can walk again and get some exercise.  She is depressed as she just can't walk at all anymore due to the one rear leg giving out.

Well tomorrow looks like a work in day, several files need to be completed and emailed in tomorrow, deadlines are always with us as long as we work for a living.

I'm looking forward to seeing both my brother and Marilyn in the near future as they are both planning to come visit.  I hope the weather improves as today was just plain nasty.  The hard rain let up once I arrived in Tracy so only mist and drips hit my paper as I was measuring.

It was so good to worship with my church family Saturday morning.  To join voices with others singing, to hear of the travails people are experiencing, others were sharing joys and praises.  Our pastor can communicate really well.  We have been blessed with a progression of good pastors over the years and we are certainly blessed now with Pastor Jessica.

I want to mention something, I still have the stair chair which allows a person to ride to the next level and while I use it once in awhile I could use the money from it, in fact I'd like to apply the money to a headstone for Nan's grave.  So if you happen to know of anyone who needs a stairchair please let me know.  My cell is the same 925 998 9855.

Sending love to all,

tim

ps  Timothy is still ill and I know the whole family needs our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment