Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Nikki turns a year

Dear Family and Friends,
How I wish you could have all been with us this evening as we celebrated Nikki's birthday.  Nan would have been pleased.  All 7 of us jumped into the van and with Steve at the wheel we braved the levee road for Stockton.  Once there we extricated ourselves and sat down to a great dinner.  The girls were on their best behavior and even Kallie ate some bites so she could enjoy her ice cream. 

This morning Jerry and I left at around 9 to see a home that is selling for about 1.75 million dollars.  It is really special, has its own knoll and 1.5 acres of rolling hills with a direct view of Mt Diablo.  The owners/sellers are such special people and are moving to the big island.  They will live just up the hill from the Kona Coast Timeshare development that we love so much.  While I was there the owner had an episode of Parkinson, she froze in place so I was able to get her meds, some water and in a few minutes she was good to go again.  They were wonderful people.  Now to try to create a working appraisal for this very special property.  Once we had the comps shot and they were all over including one in Blackhawk we found a Denny's in Danville and had lunch.  While we were in Blackhawk we enjoyed seeing the huge multi million dollar homes and all the interesting elevations. 

This afternoon was my appointment with my orthopedic doctor.  I've had a finger that is locking up at night and causes a lot of pain in the daytime.  He knew just what to do and the next thing I knew he was back in the room with a huge needle and was sticking it into my hand.  I've had pain before but this was intense but only for about a minute and then the finger was numb for several hours.  Now I have exercises to do frequently to stretch the tendon and a finger splint to wear at night to keep it straight.  I can't wait!

Tomorrow Jerry is trying to escape for his lovely home in Weed.  It has been incredible to have him here and I've learned a lot about building quality fires from his expertise.  He is an amazing brother, knows so much about so much and due to his advanced age has opinions on most every thing.  I'm amazed at how often our opinions are in sync in spite of our differences over labor unions, political parties and such.  He is a great brother and a great human being, I can tell he misses Donna, his loving and devoted wife but I'm glad she shared him for a bit.

So good night my friends,  lets just keep praying for each other, life is never easy and sometimes things take place that are just hard to understand and only God can make sense out of.  We need the heart of God so much.

Love to all

Happy Birthday dear daughter

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment