Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Great Day

Dear Family and Friends,

Another one for the history books, if every day is a new page or chapter then I'll just put this one down as interesting and worthwhile.

I drove to Fairfield this morning and decided to take Highway 12, a two lane road that stretches from Lodi to Highway 80 in Fairfield.  I catch the road in Rio Vista and what I found was very pleasant.  The endless road construction that has been ongoing for the past 2 years is now completed.  The road is a dream, speed limit is up to 55 now and the road is much safer than ever before.  My path this morning took me over the Antioch bridge, a very high and narrow 2 lane bridge with vista's of the delta, then along the river to Rio Vista.  Rio Vista is in the history books as the place where Humphrey the Whale drifted up to before being turned around and eventually led back to the open sea.

In Fairfield I found something very interesting.  3 years ago a fire started in a home two doors removed from the subject property.  It traveled down the fence line and jumped to the subject property burning it nearly to the ground.  Insurance stepped in and rebuilt it with recent features and amenities instead of the 28 year old features of those homes which surround it.  The home is beautiful and very attractive. Comping it with other homes is going to be a real challenge, I shot 8 comps while I was there but none matched the subject.

Being hungry I asked the GPS to located a Burger King where I ordered a vegeburger.  It was excellent, thanks to Yvonne who turned me onto the vegeburger long ago.  While I was there a young woman who was troubled kept walking about, she had a heavy coat on, her hair was a total mess and I felt sorry for her so on the way out I changed a $20 and handed her $5 for some food.  Her face lit up, did she buy food?  Don't know but I sure felt led to do something to help.  I sort of decided that giving her a $5 would probably not put me on the street or keep me from buying groceries.

I then drove to Castro Valley which turned out to be quite a drive.  The little beetle just hummed down the road and various talk shows and music helped the trip pass.  While I was driving I also had a chance to speak to my sister in Ohio and found her hurting a bit but doing OK.

The Castro Valley property turned out to be a duet, you know where there is a common wall but both sides are owned by different people, not like a duplex where one person owns the whole building.  These were $700K duets with a view of the world.  Once I was done there I headed home again with little traffic.  It was a pleasant day with good weather, warm sunny weather and safe sailing.

This evening I had dinner with a friend in Brentwood and we enjoyed the jazz trio plus soloist who styled melodies her own way.  Grazie's is now a beautiful new place with 6,000 Sq.Ft. of dining area.  The food was so good and I know it was many weight watcher points but really worth it.

So how was your day, I told you mine..........

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment