Monday, March 28, 2011

The weather turns

Finally we see sunshine and this week its supposed to reach 80 on one of the afternoons, what a chance from the monsoon we experienced last week.  The wood Jerry brought down has worked out so well.  It lets us build little fires or works as a great base for some of the oak.  Today I took one piece of oak from the pile beside the house and the pile came tumbling down, all over the place..

Today Marilyn spent the time getting used to the new ipod and managed to load 3 books so I have something to listen to when I travel, like tomorrow.  In the morning we'll leave pretty early for Sacramento, then I'll drive to some homes to do appraisals and work my way back home.  In the evening I'll drop the van off at Borden Junction, a local repair shop to have new front brakes installed.  Today I looked the 2005 Honda Odyssey in terms of recalls and found several that effect my van.  It needs to be taken in to Honda for the work to be done and finding a day to do so is always a challenge.  But we'll have the brakes done for this weekend for Steve and Nikki's trip to LA.  That is the most important part.

More orders have been coming in, when an order comes from Appraiser Loft they send a text.  Who every replies accept first gets the order.  I usually lose out but today I grapped two orders in a row.  I consider each order a blessing from our kind Lord and even though AppraiserLoft takes forever to pay eventually they do mail a check and it always arrives at an opportune time.

For the last several weeks I've had guests here, Jerry and Marilyn, and its been really terrific to have someone where to share the space, to talk to, argue with and go out to eat with but tomorrow life slips back to normal and I intend to just settle in to really crank out the work.  Dolly provided a wonderful book and I'm well into it now, so positive and affirms that life is worth living, that challenges are to be met, that we really should expect the best and work to achieve it.

I am grateful for life, for a place to live, for wood for the fire, for a computer that still works, for more than enough good food, for friends that challenge me, encourage me and provide me with great job.  Today friends Ray and Lois have been over a couple times to wish Marilyn a happy return trip.  Lois was able to get some shots she needed today to help with some pretty severe pain and she is thankful for that.  I hope it helps her to feel much better.

You know life does not usually hand us a lottery win or some other wonderful exciting thing but life does hand us many wonderful moments, just in less dramatic ways, good news in the mail, a good nights sleep, a moment of kindness at someones hand.  I have to say I've never been very much at peace with why in the great scheme of things Nan had to get GIST and eventually lose her life, I don't get it, I'm not OK with it and I deeply resent the fact that she is not here to enjoy these precious little ones, Kallie, Keanna, Timothy and now Mia, she would have loved and treasured everyone of them.  So I have to just let it ride, ask the good Lord later the why.  But I am determined to be the best Papa that I can be not to replace her but to do my part.  Life is not fair but it is still worth living.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment