Friday, March 11, 2011

A big day

Well this day has been full of action.  We had Belgium Waffles this morning and then Iworked on stuff in the office.  I picked Keanna up at school and then came home where we made lunch. Jerry and I used the whole wheat tortillas with beans, tomatoes, cheese.  For Keanna we made pasta, tons of it.
I had planned to see a house at 11 this morning but ran out of time.  Steve came this morning and we got to move the box trailer out, move the boat out land as a result Jerry was able to back his pickup to the back so we could unload the firewood, well I never got around to moving the wood but he did.

Steve took the enclosed trailer and by tonight he has a new leaf spring installed, a new tire and is back on the road again.  He is amazing, when he sets his mind to solving a problem it gets done.  Sure glad he is part of our family, nice to have such a talented guy on the team.

This afternoon I drove to the Lakes, a subdivision located west of Discovery Bay.  I was stopped cold at the security gate and told I had to have a letter from the owner of the home to get in.  Well the owner is a bank and there is no way to reach them so I'm stalled at the gate, can't get in and can't get the work done.  Finally the listing agent was kind enough to drive 30 minutes and try to get me in.  So when he arrived he finds a way to put me on an approved list for 24 hours and I finally get in to do the work, of course I'm out of time, I need to be back at the house to meet Tabatha who is renting the motorhome for the weekend.  The inner pressure really builds up.  Then there is the reality that the house I am measuring is over 4,000 sf.  What a challenge.

At 4 I Tabatha arrived and I went over the systems of the motorhome with her.  She was a quick learner and about 4:45 she drove away and I had some bucks for the weekend.  I'm hoping she had a great time and enjoys her trip with her kids.

I took Keanna home where Steve and Kevin were working on the trailer.  She was happy to be home and see Kallie. 

This evening Jerry and I went to the Boardwalk, the little local place and the food was excellent.  We sat outside and though the evening was cool we sat by a little fire and just had a great time.

I'm thankful to have reached the end of a challenging week.  And to have Jerry here is really special.

Nikki has spent the day at the famous Twin's Sale held at  Alameda County Fairgrounds.  She is part of the team that runs the sale and this year they expect to move 55,000 items.  Nikki took the van and it was full of her items to sell.  Really amazing.

Well good night to all, have a great Sabbath, weekend, downtime, and love the one you are with.

Love


tim

No comments:

Post a Comment