Thursday, March 24, 2011

And then it rained

Good evening
Oh yes it rained, buckets of the stuff, everything overflowing but the wood piles Jerry created are dry thanks to his excellent covering of everything, he does know his stuff about wood.

We've kept a fire going all day.  I crawled out of bed late today and then onto the treadmill.  After 30 minutes I felt great and even greater when I came out of the shower and onto the scales, down 8.5 pounds so far this week and my size 36 jeans are fitting nicely!  Of course there was this afternoon that might make a wee difference.  At 2 I decided to see two little homes that needed appraisals.  The first one was in Tracy on 7th Street.  It was old, built in 1907, and somewhat updated.  Once we finished that one I turned to marilyn for the address of the second home in Stockton only to discover I had left my briefcase at home with the second fine in it.  Lois came to the rescue and read us the address so I was able to proceed to Stockton and inspect the home.  It was really very very sad.  I'm working for a lawyer who wants to know the price he should set to sell the home to the renters.  What I found was one of the worst properties this year.  Problems I found included the house off the foundation, sewage leaking, roof leaking in every room of the house, some ceilings totally missing, some electrical outlets had failed, no heating system, front porch was falling off.  The home is really a  tear down but the rents hope to make a go out of it with help of friends and family.  So sad.

After the inspection was over Marilyn and I went to Olive Garden where we were treated very nicely by our waitress, nice balance of attention but no intrusion.  I had both soup and salad along with eggplant and Marilyn had a dish with several different foods.  We ate near the fireplace and everything was just nice after a day of fighting rain.  Marilyn is a veteran of riding along on appraisals and helped find addresses of comps.  She was not all that impressed with the house in Tracy, no wonder, it was not impressive but for $130,000 one can't gripe or complain.

So for today that is the news. 

Love to all and I'll be very glad to hear Jason and Jo made it home tonight from San Diego.  They hope to be there by midnight.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment