Friday, August 12, 2011

At last its Friday

Another rollercoaster day.  Here's why!

This morning I rose at 5:30 so I could write and send an appraisal.  With that completed I had a quick breakfast of oatmeal and fresh peaches.  It was time to leave for Livermore, a 35 minute drive and that went well. Arriving at the home I found a beautiful structure on a large quiet lot, tremendous Jewish people and an enjoyable experience.  I was on the way back when I got the call.  My motorhome renter was on the phone and told me that after dumping the tanks the motorhome would not start, no amount of coaxing would get it started so Good Sam towed it to a service station, repair center near old faithful in yellowstone.

As soon as I got home I started called and after a long time I found the actual mechanic that was on it.  Would you believe he has just stopped working on GM cars for a different place and knew the problem, seems the fuel pump which is placed INSIDE the 55 gallon fuel tank had a wiring problem, by the time I talked with him he had tweaked the connections and had it running again but it was unreliable.  We decided to go for a new fuel pump and new wiring harness, he thought he could have them there by tomorrow, later he called to say it would be Tuesday.  He said the renters could park at the station and be safe.  Hours passed and then this evening the renter called to say they had no lights, no power and the generator would not start.  I asked him to plug in at the station but all the workers had gone home and the station was locked up tight.  So after many dropped calls and his battery failing we determined that he could start the motorhome engine and let it run for an hour charging up the coach batteries and then the generator would start once again.  The renters are being very nice about all this but I feel terrible not being there to solve their problems.  Somehow the batteries have been allowed to run down, I fear the inverter has been left in the on position, anyway I think they are set for the night.  In the morning the service station is going to try cleaning all the connections as well as possible and see if that will solve the problems.  I know this is in the Lord's hands and I'm just hoping they can have a good night with power and lights.

I picked up Keanna at 2:37 and then we picked up Kallie.  We all went to a dog wedding her friends had at the park.  It was a little crazy.  After dropping the girls off I ended up in Brentwood to get two more tires for the bug, one was really bad and needed replacing.  While they were off I saw that the brakes are gone so new pads are on the horizon, probably rotors too.

I made the mistake this morning while I was driving to Livermore of thinking that things were going pretty well, I had made a double house payment this morning and yet had a few bucks to pay other bills.  How quickly things can change.

So now we are entering those special hours that for me are Sabbath.  A time of rest and letting go what can be let go of.  In the morning I'll take Kallie to Sabbath School and then we will return to see Keanna play soccer, poor little thing, she runs her heart out and in the heat.  I'm so proud of her.

Well enjoy your weekend, please love the one you are with, love them so they know they are loved.  Remember, you get to do it, I don't so love them right while you have each other, right!

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment