Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Pleasant Summer

Dear Family and Friends,
Well this has been a good one, lots of free labor accomplished and finally a report written and emailed out a few minutes ago.

Ken and I walked this morning at 6:30 and then I came in and just went to work.  We took some time this morning to teach Marilyn the basics of setting up new orders and of course she caught on instantly.  We ended up trying for a couple hours to make the lower office computer print to my three printers in the upper office.  We were never successful but I sure wasted a bunch of precious time.

We've had orders come in all day and now I've created a large board with each order clearly marked showing when we have it scheduled, when it has been seen and when it is due.  That will help keep things operating smoothly.

I dealt with many conditions today and questions, value checks and phone calls.  This evening I was able to settle in and work.  Now I'm totally exhausted, neck is sore, finger does not want to work but there is also a sense of accomplishment.  It is one thing to pray and hope for orders, then it is the followup taking care to communicate with the clients, the homeowners and agents.

This evening I was able to make my old camera work again but instead of taking the new one back I think I'll just keep it and enjoy its nicer features and very slick size.  It was only $100 so I think it is a worthy investment. 

With all this work its been disappointing to not receive any money in the mail for several days.  I know there is a boat load of checks coming but of course I want them now, not then.

Its a real trip to be busy again.  My personality is such that I do my best work when I'm facing deadlines.  I've appreciated Steve's help and today he got an order of his own from a management company.  That was so exciting for both of us as I want him to prosper, he is a very solid appraiser, just got shut out of the business, now with the abundance of work he is starting to enjoy creating appraisals again.

Its time to wind it up for the day.  This evening I've been listening to Frank Sinatra on XM through my computer, a nice change from the classical fare that I ususally have on.  What a great blessing music is, what a pleasure to enjoy all kinds of music and feel the effect music can have, a mood maker, a mood changer.

Sending to love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment