Monday, August 22, 2011

A Great Summer

Dear Family and Friends,
This day started with doing something good for myself, do you find it is easier to do things for others than to just do things for yourself?  It is sure the case for me.  Do I need to exercise?  Well duh, do I faithfully exercise, well no!  Why not?  Well there is this vital report that needs to be written and the world will stop turning if I dare take an hour for a walk!

So Ken and I walked and it felt good.  When we got back we consulted on the needed bathroom door repairs and then I came in, showered, had oatmeal and set to work.  I wrote an appraisal and then left for Castro Valley, a really nice place to live.  The home was great and in perfect condition, the owner was a pleasant lady.  Once I left CV then I headed to Mountain House.  Mountain House is this small community where all the homes are new, 10 years ago it was an open field, now it has thousands of homes which of course have been terribly battered by the economy.  What I saw today was nearly 3,800 Sq.Ft. and selling for $405,000.  Lots of house for the money.  Once I had seen the house I beat it for Tracy where I had an oil change at Speedee.  I really like them and compared to the price I was quoted in Brentwood at $92 they were a bargain.  $74 for 5-40 synthetic and I'm good for a few more miles.

Following up on the motorhome today I called the local repair facilities connected to the company in Reno that did the shoddy work.  You see Reno said, oh my we are so sorry, just go to one of our places there and have it fixed.  Well first Tracy said no, then Antioch and finally Stockton, all telling the same story, they did not have any room to work on a motorhome and were pretty sure they could not help.  So I'm still in a lurch.  Even my own mechanic is not sure he wants to take this one when he has a full week planned already.  So I may end up having the work done by SpeeDee in Tracy, it might be an easy fix and it might be a huge job and the Reno shop is going to pay for it. 

My next renter called today and confirmed that he is picking it up this weekend, oh joy, no pressure or anything and I'm slammed with appraisal work.  Lord I need your calm direction and help.

So I'm thrilled to be busy, just want to keep up with everybody which is not easy to do.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment