Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Motorhome is home

Dear Family and Friends,

So at long last the motorhome is home sitting in the driveway.  The interior is amazingly clean and it smells great.  In spite of all the rough times the family had a great trip and saw many exciting things, wolves, bears, dear, mountain goats, buffalow, mud baths, Old Faithful and a whole lot more.

The renter brought the motorhome back this afternoon and we went over its several new defects.  Plus I got the shocking number for the fuel pump installation.  Over $1,400 for the job that failed 15 miles later and poured fuel all over the road and motorhome.  Only the good Lord kept it from catching fire.

Last evening after the gas mishap Dave climbed under the motorhome and was able to click the fuel line into place where it stayed put for the rest of the trip.  The repair people caused the fuel gauge not to work so that is yet another problem.  I've asked that they stop payment with their credit card company and I'll get the motorhome fixed here locally and deduct the cost of the fix it repairs from the amount I'll pay for their work.  My dear renters could have been killed with raw fuel pouring all over and who knows for how long it has leaked.

So this afternoon Dave drove the motorhome here and then I drove him to his home in Danville.  At least they are home safely and ready for school, work and post vacation times.

This morning I crawled out determined to get work done.  I had planned for 5 but with having to take Dave home I only completed three but I'm pretty thrilled about that.

Right now I'm so tired from stress and concentration that I'm about to drop.  It is such a blessing to have work and I'm deeply grateful to have it.  This is a different kind of stress from that of having no work and thinking you are going under. 

So here comes the new week, are you ready?  Am I ready?  We will see.

Love to all,

tim

ps  Recently Jason and Jo gave me my birthday gifts and amoung them was one I treasure, a jar of jam that they made together after picking the berries.  Thank you for your thoughtfulness!  It tastes great, I mean really great.

No comments:

Post a Comment