Sunday, August 7, 2011

Incredible weather for August

Dear Family and Friends,
After sleeping until Family Radio woke me on the alarm clock I showered and made steel cut oats in the microwave, not as good as slow cooked all night but with banana the bowl was pretty good.

After doing research and writing an appraisal I prepared to leave for Lafayette.  Ray decided he would like to go so we had a good time measuring and inspecting the very nice older home, shot the comps and then ended up at Frys where Ray walked me row by row showing me what they had to offer.  I am blown away by all the new stuff that is for sale, stuff that I don't even know what it does.  Row after row of cables, devices, things that are new to me.

I found what I was looking for and after standing in a very long line made my purchases and headed out.  Ray had seen a 99 cent store so he showed me the isles of that lovely place as well.  How can they fill a store with stuff that never sells for more than 99 cents?  Just amazing but if you cut off shipments from China the store would close, even food items are straight from China, amazing really.

I drove the back roads home and we arrived safe and sound after a long day. Lois reports Ray is fast sleep in his chair now.

Tomorrow morning is blood work time and then an 8:30 appraisal in Brentwood, then back for more blood work and then back home to write some things up.  I've very thankful that at the present time I have work and much of it is paying work!

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment