Saturday, August 6, 2011

A very Long day

Dear Family and Friends,

I'm just home at 1 am.  Not that I mind that at all.  For after a really tough day of ups and downs at 4 the girls came to visit.  We left at 5 for the soccer field in Brentwood and found it sort of by accident.  Keanna played her heart out and Kallie and I spent time in the shade, getting to know one of the moms and then ended up with Kallie leading me to the play structure where she used the slide, I pushed her in the swings and she had a good time.  Once Keanna was through with her hour and 10 minutes of soccer she wanted to play at the structure as well so back we went.

Once we left Keanna needed a rest room, parks do not have bathrooms anymore because so much of society just ruin them.  We had to drive to McDonalds for the bathroom and while there the girls developed an appetite.  Then they decided to play in the play area.  While there we witnessed a rather large lady who bossed and yelled at several children keeping at least one in tears at all times.  The girls watched sort of spell bound and later told me they would rather be there with me than her.

We drove back to their home and Keanna hit the shower, Kallie dressed for bed and after reading a cute story about Olivia she snuggled in for the night.  Keanna took a little longer to snuggle but eventually did.  The dogs and I turned the lights down and rested until Nikki and Steve arrived home from their wonderful concert with Toby Keith at the Shoreline.

It will be a short night as Keanna has to be back in Brentwood for soccer photos in the morning at 8:15.  I won't need to be there until 9:15 for some soccer action.

As I rethought the day the contrast between all that had gone down during the day and the time spent with the girls was remarkable.  I was reminded this morning of a concern expressed in the bible about the wicked prospering.  Someone who I have very little respect for was promoted to a position and sent me an email as a jab, saying Nan would be so proud.  It was just hard to deal with.  There is a lot more to the story that I can't go into here.  It was a hard task to climb out the funk the nasty email started but the girls sure did it well later in the day.

I'm very glad the Sabbath rest hours have arrived.  It seems there is stress and tension almost all the time in just trying to hold my little world together, the finances are always a huge challenge, a challenge I am gradually winning but the progress is so slow.  I can see that in two years the tides will begin to turn and if business increases the turn could come faster.  I literally think twice before I buy anything no matter how large or small.  For example I've discovered that one can purchase paper towels that come off in full sheets or half sheets, the half sheets save money.  I've reduced the lights in the house I turn on and never leave the TV on when I leave the room, I only use the AC if the kids are coming over or there are guests, I only buy just what I need for groceries and I never buy a drink with meals when I eat out now which saves nearly $2.00 at every meal.

Well since it is now 1:38 perhaps its time to let it go, express how much people mean to me, friends, new friends and dear family members, how I love to hear, to keep in touch.

Love to all,

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment