Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One year older and medicare just two years away

Dear Family and Friends,

Well today has been remarkable in several ways.  Great conversations with Nikki and Jason, afternoon visit by Keanna, evening desert on the back deck next door with Ray and Lois and nearly 50 birthday greetings on Facebook.  I just want to express my appreciation for all the happy birthdays I received today through Facebook and then through the IPHONE.  What a surprise hearing from so many friends and fellow students from the past years.  It felt good and I appreciate it very much.

When I saw Nikki she handed me this cupcake, oh I treasure those things and it was sooooo good.  I came home and with a fork enjoyed every bite including the frosting, the crumbs and the delicious cake itself.  Wow.

The first thing this morning was 30 minutes on the tred mill.  It is rough duty.  I have only to turn my head and the direct view is the lake with the swam gliding across the water, the morning chill wafting through the room and of course FOX news bringing the me the great news that Scot Walker and his fellow republicans had beated back the organized efforts of the unions.  Who knows what the final outcome will be as a weak republican has offered to vote with the dems.  Someone must stop the spending, not just tweak it, stop it cold if we are to have a decent american for our little ones. 

On this happy day I've written up a report for a purchase for a young couple, researched new orders and set them up, done homework with Keanna, observed as she is doing better and better with her gymnastics and welcomed Marilyn back from the Sacramento jungles where she has been for the weekend.

In the morning I face the music, I mean I have a Dr. appointment with Jim and we will see how we are doing.  It is at 8:15, so the morning will be a rush once I get up.

I think I will like being 63, like what choice do I have?  Funny how young people cannot begin to understand what it is like to grow older, I know I had no idea, it just creeps up on each of us.  How I love being alive though, to get to watch keanna's mind work as she does her homework, as she wrestled with ethical realities, of dealing with older mean kids, of wanting to be a dancer, of just doing a great job with being a student.  Its great fun.

Hopefully I'll get to see Timothy and Mia soon.  I have an appraisal in Watsonville to see soon but so far the owner has not called me back.

To the many people who wished a happy birthday today I say thank you very much, it was a nice thing to do for an old guy.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment