Monday, August 1, 2011

National American Miss!!

We are just back from Santa Clara where we witnessed 102 young ladies compete for a crown.  Kalie was amoung the girls on the stage and had a blast thought did not win.  We drove down for this evening's show and it was well worth it.  The whole organization seems to be one that does great things for young women and the effect on the participants seems positive though there were some tears for some of the girls who had hoped to win.

This has been a day of hitting up CostCo for a few things and primarily for getting the motorhome renters on their way.

Now that was an interesting experience.  The guy reminded me so much of Will Ferrell crossed with a super nerd.  He was a great guy but needed to know everything and then why it did that, meanwhile his two little girls were enjoying getting used to the motorhome.  The wife seemed to be very normal and just sort of put up with him.  It is always a tense moment when I wave good bye to people as they drive away with the coach.  At least this time they drove away with new tires and the motorhome is as good of condition as I've had it in a long time.  Would you believe it took over two hours to get them on their way and that included a small drive around Discovery Bay as he learned to keep it on the road and by the time we got home two doors were falling off cabinets.  So I found myself with a drill, a screwdriver and some new screws putting the doors back on.  Finally they drove away and I could relax.  Of course when they drove away they did so leaving a healthy check for the deposit and the rental fee.  I am thankful to the kind Lord for this income.

As I consider the week ahead I'm praying and hoping for orders.  The last order came in on Wednesday so I'm getting desperate again knowing there will be a very dry spot in the future down the road if I don't get work in.

I'm hoping you have a good productive week and that you can accomplish what you long to be able to do.

Love to all

Tim

In the photo, Jerry, Donna, Kalie and Cindy her mom.  You can see by their faces that they are tired and very ready to head to bed.  Kalie had a beautiful evening gown that she wore tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment