Thursday, October 20, 2011

Alone again

Dear Family and Friends,

I'm writing this having just completed an appraisal on a nice place in Hayward.  I've spent the evening trying to complete the report in spite of a pretty bad headache, yes caused by constant coughing all day, nothing seems to help, sometimes food triggers it, other times something as simple as a temperature change or wind in my face.  All I know is I can't live with it much longer.  I'm glad that its being looked into at Kaiser and as soon as I get the past reports on things that have been tested for from Jim then Dr. Gee can look it all over and make some decisions.

Marilyn left yesterday for her sister's in Oroville and hearing nothing I assume that she made it OK.  Its sort of strange being in the house alone again, not complaining at all but it is a change.  Steve dropped by this afternoon to bring me a new wheel, he found them on the Internet and it was timely since mine is about to fail completely. 

Today 5 orders came in and they are all set up and we are going after them tomorrow with a long day in the field.  Steve is seeing some and I'm seeing some too.  I start right here in Discovery Bay at 9 in the morning and then move to Livermore, Fremont, Pleasant Hill perhaps.

I often pause for a minute to remember a time when Nan sat at the other desk here in the office.  She would have bids going on things for sale on the web sites, be writing up appraisal, teaching appraisers what to do and what not to do, chatting on the phone with Sharon or Dana and planning our next trip or cruise.  She kept things alive here and as we had more money she expanded where we could go and what we could do.  With a near perfect memory she was formidable when it came to making decisions, remembering what needed to be paid next and birthdays and dates.  I miss the life we had together.  It was a very good life, solid and enjoyable.  She did not nag, she did not remind, she did not sulk, she just lived and enjoyed every day.  I want to find someone like that, not a replica, no I'd like some things different but there were many positive things about Nan that I'm sure other people have as well.  I'm starting to gear up to find that someone.

Well for now I'm going to locate my bed and fall into it.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment