Sunday, October 2, 2011

Jason does a 1/2 marathon

Dear Family and Friends,

Greets from appraisal central.  Today has been a day of writing and emailing things out, not as many as are needed but I've done what I could. 

Ken and I walked this morning and I felt it but there is Jason who faced a 1/2 marathon in San Jose today and did the full 13 miles.  He is reporting this evening that his legs are in severe pain and he has blisters on blisters on his feet.  What an accomplishment!  I am so proud of him for working up to this and then doing it.  So when Ken called to see if I wanted to walk in the morning how could I say no.  So at 6:30 in the semi darkness we'll be walking.

Our weather has turned decidedly cooler and today we spent part of the morning with blankets over our knees as I worked and Marilyn played games on the laptop, paid bills and took in a baseball game.  It is actually cold this evening, sort of nice for a change after a very warm week.  Of course I love it for a dollar reason as well.  With no AC running the electrical bill plummets, great news.

Well a new week is upon us and once again we face the challenges it will bring.  Some of the stuff we will face is unfair, some uncalled for, some challenging, some delightful and mostly just boring stuff of life.  For fun today I pulled the motorhome out from its storage place beside the house, it will soon receive its new windows at a cost of $3,300 due to a rock shower that struck the coach on its way to Yellowstone, insurance will care for it.

Good night one and all,

love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment