Sunday, October 23, 2011

Just not feeling too good

Good evening

This morning started off with a 3 mile hike around the lake.  Ken was in fine form and led a torrid pace, at least it seemed like it to me.  The morning was cool and fairly dark when we started.

I came home and had a bowl of cereal, an orange and made some interesting coffee, it has chocolate flavor and the first times I tried it I ended up pouring it out but once I learned that for me one tablespoon of coffee in a half a pot of coffee, two big mugs is just right and with some splenda and a bit of cream its a great other choice instead of the mocha which has sugar, something I don't need.

In the whole day I've only written two reports, my mind feels slow and its very hard to stay focused.  My Kaiser doctor send me a note mentioning that the chest xray had some minor abnormalities which of course has my attention.  Oh that someone could find out why I cough and help solve it.  Most of today was clear of coughing but as the afternoon rolled around I started to have that rattle in my breathing that sounds like it should get cleared out but never quite does no matter how long I cough and how hard.  Once I start coughing then my blood pressure shoots up, my body gets hot, sometimes I sweat and my heart starts to hurt.  It hurt most of the time all last week, something I'm not used to.

So there are health issues to deal with.  I'm still waiting to hear back for a time when I'll have the surgery on my trigger finger.  I would have thought I would have heard by now.

So now we all face a new week, with the world in such disaray it is easy to slip into a bit of discouragement.  For a few minutes last night I just stopped and relaxed as one of the Christian channels had lovely music playing along with continual scenes with water as the theme.  Massive waterfalls, little streams, flowers, birds, just a very nice break in a rushed life.

Wishing you all a good week,

love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment