Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The joys of everyday living...

Dear Family and Friends,

Oh often do we stop, really pause and consider how good life is in this country?  While government intrudes more and more into our every private space we still are pretty free to travel, visit, work, play without having to answer to anyone.

Today we roamed to Antioch where we saw a nearly new home that the people are being forced to sell since they are being moved to  Pittsburg, a huge move but their other choice was Houston which they could not get excited about.  They had pets all over, a bunny rabbit, several dogs of different sizes, gates and doors all over to control the pets movements.  They even had a dog door which only opens when the right collar is nearby to signal it.

After we left for the next destination we hit the Taco Bell since my blood sugar was dropping and Marilyn of course had eaten NO breakfast.  We arrived in Hayward and inspected a really clean place and then drove to Livermore to do a simply driveby review. Problem was, some non thinking person had taken a normal house and ended up with 4,200 Sq.Ft. of house with surrounding homes of 1,600 to 2,000 sf.  So the appraiser traveled 2 to 3 miles for comps from wonderful high end custom developments.  The comps he used have nothing to do with the subject property at all.  So i selected a bunch of my own that were nearer by and so we ended up shooting about 15 comparables, the last two with almost no light so we will see how well they turn out.  It was a lot of work to make $155.

Tomorrow morning at 8:30 I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to have my trigger finger looked at.  While I am not looking forward to the pain involved I know I need to deal with it and I'm thrilled that my new Kaiser card came today.  The whole Kaiser acceptance thing is a miracle as I could no longer afford the Blue Cross policy.  The most painful thing about switching is losing Dr. Jim Edwards.  He has been a miracle worker for our family for so long.  I will miss him and our visits.

Well I'm sleepy and its time to head to bed.  Up at 5.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment