Tuesday, October 11, 2011

We all must walk through the fire at times

Dear Family and Friends,
If it could happen it did today.

** up at 5 am to work and there was the notice on line, AppraiserLoft had closed its doors, my biggest client over the past 2 years and with outstanding debts to me of $3875, gone out of business.  The promise of management companies, accept lower fees but we will always be there to pay you on time was not kept.  Once again government has failed. This was governments idea to force all of us into working with management companies.  It was a very hard hit.

** called Kaiser member services only to discover that the company I've paid a lot of money has not gotten me into the Kaiser system yet, somehow I have a number and was able to see a doctor yesterday but I'm not in the system, another big hit.  I'm assured that it will be taken care of, I certainly hope so.  At the same time different departments of Kaiser have been placing calls for different things about my care, somehow they know I exist but not officially yet.

** I just spoke with the owner of the company that offers to help write appraisals, we have been talking for a couple days and I was ready to get started with their helping with the writing.  His bad news was that they had decided not to support my software, only the big three.  He was very sorry but did not hold out much hope that they would change their mind.  That was a terrible hit as I'm totally buried in work right now, I mean buried with most of the files being overdue now.

** To keep connected to MLS I had to cough up over $700 this afternoon, other wise I would be out of business.

Some days really go better than others and now I'm just sort of waiting for the next event to happen.

I'm writing early tonight to simply ask if you could remember my situation in prayer.  When I step back there are many blessings in place, lots of work, health seems OK, I have a place to live for now, the $3875 was earmarked for house payment!

The first thing I did this morning was to file a complaint with the OREA, our state agency that regulates the management companies and I included a list of the outstanding appraisal fees owed.  Who know, the word on the street is they owe appraisers 3 million dollars at the moment.

I've appreciated getting to talk to friends and family today, its been a lift.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment