Monday, October 3, 2011

The glacial pace of progress

Dear Family and Friends,

Today another step in progress happened.  This afternoon the email I had been waiting for finally arrived.  It was from Kaiser and I am now a part of that great organization!  And tomorrow I have the pleasure of telling Blue Cross that I no longer can afford their expensive coverage.  They have been great and helped so much with Nan's care never backing away from being there for her but at $1,182 I simply cannot afford to stay the course.  I feel Kaiser will be a better fit for me at this point in my life plus I save hundreds of dollars.

I have a two year plan to become more financially secure and each step like this is significant.  Something else nice happened today, the pink slip for the Odyssey arrived in the mail.  After all these years of trying to locate funds for the payment it is now paid off and safely in Nikki's hands, right where Nan would have liked, being used by the kids.

I spoke to Jason this evening and he is feeling better but is nursing some pretty awful blisters due to the 13 miles he ran on Sunday.  When Ken and I walked this morning the thought of going round the lake for 3 more trips was not something I could even consider.  I'm proud of Jason for training for this and then making it happen.

Today I've sat in this lovely office chair for about 12 hours writing reports and fixing this and that.  Its been very productive, I'm thankful for that.  Now that it is raining its time to get out and see some more houses, that will be tomorrow afternoon!  Fun fun.

Please continue to pray for people facing special challenges right now.  Life can really throw us some nasty curves.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment