Monday, October 24, 2011

Making better decisions

Lately I've mostly felt like I was moving through a fog, the constant coughing, the high blood sugar, the constant pain in the trigger finger, just a lot of stuff conspiring to make life less than a total blast.

So this morning I woke and not hearing from Ken last night wavered over whether I would walk or not.  Well the good angel prevailed and I walked, took the phone in case something happened to me but the walk went great and it lifted me all day.  Upon coming home I made steel cut oats, 15 minutes in the microwave oven at 1/2 power.  I added a banana and a bit of soy milk.  It was a great breakfast.

Then I spent the morning in the office fixing things and researching for the afternoon.  I finally got away at 1:15 and drove to Dublin where I saw a property which I cannot even recall at the moment.  Then I discovered that I had left the lockbox at home so I drove back home and while I was here had a bowl of brown rice, rice that I had cooked this morning.  It was incredibly good.  Then back on the road to drive to Pleasant Hill.  I saw a house that was a trip in time, back to Ozzie and Harriet.  Everything was original, pretty interesting.

By the time I finished it was getting late but I decided to take a chance and drive to El Cerrito to shoot three photos to help an appraisal I did recently.  Of course darkness was upon me as I shot the last photo.  As I was driving around Jason called to check up and it was great to talk to him.

Now I'm home and fighting a huge war inside.  I've determined to see if I can give my body a chance to have better blood sugar so I'm not eating this evening, its hard since I normally snack all the time but somethings have to change.  So I'll go to bed hungry for a change.  It will be an interesting experiment to see if not eating after 6 pm helps the blood sugar.  I sure hope so.

So now I'm heading to bed even though it is just 9:25.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment